Corporate – Accounting /
JMA is restoring U.S. leadership in wireless technology at a critical time in the transition to 5G. It makes the world’s most advanced software-based 5G platform, designed, coded, and manufactured in Syracuse, NY at the only U.S.-owned 5G factory in the country.
Across its global tech centers, JMA makes 5G possible for organizations with the most critical connectivity demands in the world. JMA’s technology is ushering in a new era of connectivity for leading mobile carriers, the most iconic stadiums, major universities, leading healthcare centers, the busiest transit centers, and the U.S. Military.
5G is more than another G on your phone — it is a generational opportunity to change the way the world operates. Join the industry’s fastest growing technology company to shape that future today.
The Director of FP&A will work alongside the VP of Finance and business leaders to provide financial information, tools, analysis, and insight to Senior Leadership. The Director of FP&A plays an imperative role to provide ‘real time’ support and analysis for informed decisions and driving business strategy.
- Drive and monitor financial performance management for short and long term KPIs.
- Develop tools and work with Business leaders to prepare, analyze and drive company planning, forecasting and budgeting process.
- Lead operations to improve performance, margins, inventory management and overall costs.
- Partner with the Sales and PLM Teams to analyze the sales forecast and related market share metrics, objectively assessing risks and opportunities behind the forecast.
- Support product pricing models typically required in response to customer product proposals.
- Prepare capital investment analysis considering return on investment and monitor achievement of performance goals.
- Provide analysis to link financial decisions with business strategies in support of the annual strategic planning process.
- Improve the impact and understanding of financial reporting on business performance.
- Build partnerships with Senior management and their teams to provide financial support towards decision making with the strategic mindset to translate the financial analysis into actionable drivers of financial improvement.
- Present financial performance, full year forecasts and budget variances to include financial opportunities and risk.
- Challenge current ways of work to drive efficiencies and cost savings wherever possible.
- Drive financial planning process to prepare and adhere to the annual budget.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- 5-7 years or more of related experience required; public accounting experience preferred
- Ability to work cross-functionally, influence, and communicate clearly with all levels of management
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop frameworks and solutions to questions and concepts
- Ability to work with a high degree of integrity, professional judgment, and management of confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with multiple and changing priorities
- Possess a strong knowledge of accounting rules (GAAP) and be process-oriented in the application of these rules and ability to analyze and interpret technical accounting guidance
- Experience in companies facing rapid growth while maintaining the highest standards in accounting practices
- Proficiency or familiarity in SAP ERP system, preferred
- Experience with multi-currency and multi-entity consolidations a plus
- Manufacturing experience preferred
$150,000 - $180,000 a year
The U.S. national annual base salary range for this role is $150-180K a year. The range includes the base salary that is expected to be paid for this role. Actual base salary will be based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to the scope and complexity of the role, the successful candidate’s relevant experience, skills, and knowledge, peer and market data and geographic location.
At JMA, our people are deeply committed to their work and we provide benefits to match. When you join JMA you have immediate access to everything you need. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered. We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you.
At JMA, we don’t just accept differences — we embrace them. JMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.