Director, RF Antenna Engineering
Engineering & Technology – Antenna Engineering /
JMA is restoring U.S. leadership in wireless technology at a critical time in the transition to 5G. It makes the world’s most advanced software-based 5G platform, designed, coded, and manufactured in Syracuse, NY at the only U.S.-owned 5G factory in the country.
Across its global tech centers, JMA makes 5G possible for organizations with the most critical connectivity demands in the world. JMA’s technology is ushering in a new era of connectivity for leading mobile carriers, the most iconic stadiums, major universities, leading healthcare centers, the busiest transit centers, and the U.S. Military.
5G is more than another G on your phone — it is a generational opportunity to change the way the world operates. Join the industry’s fastest growing technology company to shape that future today.
- Lead a dynamic team of design engineers through the product development life-cycle
- Manage and direct the research and development of cutting-edge antenna architectures with a mastery of industry trends and emerging wireless technologies
- Technically drive projects in the research and design of antenna products meeting requested performance specifications, time scales, and cost
- Maintain design and measurement records in accordance with company policies
- Employ upfront design principles using ANSYS RF simulation tools to achieve ‘right first time’ design capability where possible
- Develop and lead mid and senior level RF engineers using performance management and employee development techniques
- Some travel expected, primarily between our technical and customer sites
- Sales support as needed
- A Bachelor's Degree with equivalent design and leadership experience. Masters or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- 10 to 15 years of RF experience in the wireless industry; specifically in the design, simulation, analysis, and testing of antennas for volume production, base station antenna experience preferred
- Prior experience in antenna design for satellites, radars, body wearable devices, automobiles, repeaters and CPE equipment are welcome to apply
- 5+ years of experience managing employees as well as staff augmentation through contractors/consultants
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong relationship building skills
- Strong RF and antenna theory and understanding
- Strong capability in the use of antenna electromagnetic modeling tools, HFSS/Designer preferred
- Strong programming capability in C, VBA, Fortran, Python or MATLAB preferred. Able to show past experience that demonstrates this capability relative to data processing in antenna design
- Can demonstrate leadership experience in ramping antenna products into high-volume manufacturing with aggressive customer deadlines
- Experience in the design of antenna array elements and arrays at cellular frequencies, both single band and multiband architectures
- Experience in the design of RF circuits (corporate feeds, filters, phase shifters) in different medium
- Strong understand of Passive Intermodulation (PIM) design principles for antenna products, experienced in dealing with PIM in a production environment
- Knowledge of spherical antenna near field pattern testing, use of Satimo or NSI measurement systems seen as an asset
- Have excellent interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships as part of or leading a technical team
At JMA, our people are deeply committed to their work and we provide benefits to match. When you join JMA you have immediate access to everything you need. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered. We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you.
At JMA, we don’t just accept differences — we embrace them. JMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.