Change Management Specialist
Engineering & Technology – Configuration Management /
JMA is restoring U.S. leadership in wireless technology at a critical time in the transition to 5G. It makes the world’s most advanced software-based 5G platform, designed, coded, and manufactured in Syracuse, NY at the only U.S.-owned 5G factory in the country.
Across its global tech centers, JMA makes 5G possible for organizations with the most critical connectivity demands in the world. JMA’s technology is ushering in a new era of connectivity for leading mobile carriers, the most iconic stadiums, major universities, leading healthcare centers, the busiest transit centers, and the U.S. Military.
5G is more than another G on your phone — it is a generational opportunity to change the way the world operates. Join the industry’s fastest growing technology company to shape that future today.
As a Change Specialist at JMA, you will:
· Champion Requirements Management and Change Management processes.
· Work on complex enterprise-wide problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
· Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies by selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
· Support other departments' users when interacting with CM processes and systems.
· Respond to internal customer concerns.
· Maintain relevant work instructions.
· Work internally (departmental and enterprise wide) on continuous process improvements.
· Follow Q&EMS Policies, Procedures and Instructions.
· Assist JMA in minimizing its impact on the environment and preventing pollution through recycling efforts defined in the waste management programs and ensuring chemicals are managed in a manner that prevents spills.
In support of JMA Requirements Management, you will:
· Participate on Product Development teams to facilitate the creation of new requirements documentation, including design drawings, specifications, BOMs, PLM data, etc.
· Coordinate initial release of requirements documentation and review for completeness.
· Extract material/BOM data from controlled/ released documents and populate the data into PLM system (Propel).
· Facilitate progression of product requirements through their lifecycle by maintaining appropriate lifecycle status information in JMA databases.
· Attend status meetings and report on status of in process BOMs, parts, and documents.
· Manage data creation and extension priorities per program build schedules.
· Notify internal customers when new data is created in PLM and ERP.
· Support all product divisions and departments in resolution of data issues.
· Audit BOMs in JMA databases to ensure accuracy.
· Publish data quality and process metrics where applicable.
- Desired Education/ Experience combinations:
- CM2 Comprehensive Certification and 2 or more years CM work experience.
- Course work towards Information Management and Technology or Systems and Information Science with enterprise/ engineering change or data/ document management experience.
- Related disciplines and enterprise/ engineering change or data/ document management experience considered such as Mechanical Engineering, Project Management, or Business Administration.
- To be effective in this position, the person must possess (prioritized list):
- Attention to detail.
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to act independently, under general direction, to define, lead, implement, and document changes in support of business process solutions and Requirements/Change Management principles.
- Strong understanding of Requirements Management principles, including data and document integrity, accessibility, status accounting, and audit policies.
- Strong understanding of Change Management principles, including revision accounting, change request and approval process, change effectivities, and audit policies.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Readiness to adapt.
- Creative thinking.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks PDM Pro system, with knowledge of life cycle management.
- Knowledge of PLM systems, particularly Propel.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate ECO/PLM business requirements of varying complexity, requiring an understanding of the ECO/PLM systems and CM.
- Familiarity with SAP ERP, with specific knowledge of material master and BOMs is a plus
- Some familiarity with 3D and 2D CAD software, especially SolidWorks and Draftsight is a plus.
- Familiarity with VB, VBA, XML, and/or SQL queries is a plus
- Normal Office Environment
$55,000 - $65,000 a year
The US national annual base salary for this role is $55,000-$65,000. The range includes the base salary that is expected to be paid for this role. Actual base salary will be based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, the of scope and complexity of the role, the successful candidate's relevant experience, skills, and knowledge, peer and market data and geographic location.
At JMA, our people are deeply committed to their work and we provide benefits to match. When you join JMA you have immediate access to everything you need. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered. We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you.
At JMA, we don’t just accept differences — we embrace them. JMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.