Program Manager - R&D Wireless Systems
Chicago, IL / Richmond, VA /
Engineering & Technology – Private LTE /
Wireless technology now impacts nearly every aspect of daily life around the world. As the fastest-growing global tech company, JMA designs and delivers cutting-edge wireless technology solutions that modernize how people learn, work, live and play, like never imagined. We power today’s leading industries through next generation software-based 5G, private wireless networks, 5G-ready antennas and connectors, and advanced indoor 5G capabilities — all manufactured in the U.S. Our headquarters, along with the first-of-its-kind 5G campus are located in Syracuse, NY, with innovative tech hubs around the world. Join our team to shape the future of wireless technology and elevate how people experience the world!
JMA is looking for an R&D Systems Program Manager who will manage system level product requirements and architectural requirements from inception through delivery. Requirements may be solved through a combination of internal product development or integration with third party products.
This position is located in either our Chicago, iL (Deerfield) or Richmond, VA Technology centers.
- Responsible for managing several system and architectural level product requirements concurrently using a combination of traditional and agile project management methods.
- Work closely with Product Management, system architects and software application teams’ development lead and project manager to develop solutions to system requirements.
- Work with software application team development lead and agile project manager to populate the application development teams backlogs
- Maintain project tracking and work breakdown structures
- Implements change control processes and analyzes performance metrics to ensure successful completion of project objectives.
- Publish regular reports on progress, risks and promptly escalate major issues to stakeholders.
- Responsible for maintaining effective communication with internal teams as well as external partners.
- Assist with development and maintenance of departmental policies, procedures, and standards.
- Requires 6+ years of Program/Project management experience developing telecommunications and software products.
- PMP certification
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Project Management
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle
- Expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit the project and environment.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Excellent communications, written, and oral skills. Skilled in developing, cultivating, and maintaining internal and external working relationships
- Experience in developing software products deployed in cloud architectures.
- Knowledge of DevSecOps and development within a CI/CD pipeline
- Scrum Master CSM (Scrum Alliance), DA Disciplined Agile Scrum Master (PMI) certification and/or SAFe Agile Certification
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.