Technical Training Engineer
Engineering & Technology – Technical Instruction /
JMA Wireless, based in Liverpool, NY is currently seeking a Technical Trainer/RF Systems Engineer to join the Wireless Technical Education Team. The Technical Training Engineer is responsible for facilitating customer learning in both classroom and virtual environments supporting the goals and objectives of Technical Education Program. This position will report to the Director of Technical Education.
- Facilitate training courses for the design, installation, commissioning, optimization and troubleshooting of JMA TEKO DAS, XRAN, CellHub and IOTA product lines and technologies.
- Utilize Instructor led, virtual and mixed modality methods for conducting training.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, product managers, curriculum designer, subject matter experts and engineering leaders to develop curriculum in support of business objectives.
- Serve as a product and technology subject matter expert assisting in the design, development, and implementation of wireless technology curriculum training courses.
- Manage logistics and equipment readiness used in training programs, including shipping, repairs, kit assembly and inventory control.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of various technical training courses and programs, assisting in their continuous improvement.
- Maintain and increase wireless technology knowledge and application through attending training, research and professional development.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent life experience
- Direct experience facilitating technical training and use of adult education best practices.
- At least 5 years of experience deploying or designing wireless network radio access equipment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate complex technical concepts and technologies to customers and industry personnel.
- Desire and aptitude for continuous personal development in new technologies and industry trends.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment (40 lbs.) used in setting up training labs.
- Able to establish trust-based relationships and build rapport while interacting effectively with students.
- Demonstrated experienced working remotely and as a member of a small team.
- Certified in iBwave design.
Additional Experience & Knowledge Preferred:
- Broad experience with various aspects of 4G/5G RAN and RF field testing/validation.
- Experience with LTE eNodeB, EPC validation, and RAN virtualization.
- Knowledge of S1, X2, RRC, gNB, CBRS, 5G, IoT and other key network components and operations.
- Linux/SQL, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Network server and data networking.
- Direct experience in curriculum development and instructional design.
- Use and knowledge of eLearning and blended learning authoring tools such as Articulate/Storyline, Camtasia, etc.
- Experience working with individuals from other cultures, backgrounds and belief systems.
- This position requires a minimum of 50% domestic travel. Applicant must be able to possess a valid passport as some international travel may be required.
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.