CNC Machine Operator - Part-time Weekend Shift
Liverpool, NY /
Production & Manufacturing – CNC /
*** This is a Part-Time Weekend Position ***
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate a single CNC Machine Group (Mori-Sieki, Citizen, or Multi-Spindle) to produce high quality precision machined components to meet/exceed established machine utilization goals.
- Perform routine in-process inspections and document results in accordance with established quality control procedures.
- Make prescribed tool offsets and replace worn/damaged tooling as instructed to maintain dimensional stability.
- Respond to and resolve basic machine alarms/faults.
- Escalate machine breakdown, quality and unresolved alarm/fault issues to CNC Shift Lead and/or Supervisor to minimize machine downtime.
- Perform daily housekeeping and machine maintenance tasks to ensure safe/effective machine operation.
- Kaizen participation and continuous improvement as required
- Follow Q&EMS Policies, Procedures and Instructions
- Assist JMA in minimizing its impact on the environment and preventing pollution through recycling efforts defined in the waste management programs and ensuring chemicals are managed in a manner that prevents spills
- Perform all other duties/tasks as assigned by CNC Shift Lead and/or Supervisor
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Must be able to perform simple arithmetic, utilize hand tools, and have basic mechanical abilities
- Must have the skill to read prints, decipher tolerances, proven capability with measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, bore gages, vision systems, etc.
- Must have positive attitude and ability to multi-task, working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Prior CNC experience in a Production environment a plus
- Computer- Microsoft Office suite, email, work order system, SAP, Partmaker, SolidWorks
- Safety shoes and safety glasses required. Occasional hearing protection required
- General hand tools, measuring devices, cutting tools, equipment of the department
- 100% direct manufacturing floor, standing for long periods. Exposure to oils, grease, noise.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.