Liverpool, NY /
Human Resources – Benefits /
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. Our innovative mobile connectivity solutions are found in state-of-the-art stadiums, hospitals, transportation hubs and arenas. Whether our teammates working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
Health and safety are a top priority with all our roles and sites. We continue to consult with industry experts and go above and beyond in our facilities to keep our employees healthy with our protection protocols.
About the Role
Are you extremely organized and deadline driven? Do you proactively follow laws and trends impacting the benefits industry? Interested in making a positive impact on an employee’s benefits journey with your can-do attitude and passion for helping others?
This position is responsible for supporting the development, design, implementation, and administration of various benefit programs that will support the overall business strategy. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in self-insured benefits and a track record of supporting various types of employee benefit programs. This role serves as the primary contact for vendors and employees regarding Health and Welfare, Cobra, Leave of Absence and 401(k) programs.
· Oversee new hire enrollments, midyear changes, audits, annual open enrollment, day-to-day benefits inquiries,
benefits eligibility, claims resolution, terminations, beneficiaries processing, disability, accident and death claims, LOA, and 401(k).
· Work with vendors to review/update summary plan descriptions and other compliance documents that communicate the provisions of each benefit program customized for client use.
· Conduct new employee benefits, annual open enrollment and 401(k) education meetings.
· Assist and coordinate annual Section 125 testing, 401(k) compliance testing, annual plan audits, 5500 filings with vendor(s) and other needs in alignment with state and federal requirements.
· Coordinate 401(k) committee meetings, agenda development and plan document updates.
· Handle approvals of 401(k) loans and troubleshoot with payroll any issues regarding contributions.
· Coordinate with LOA vendor; guide employees on leave plan eligibility and internal processes
· Experienced: You have 5+ years as a dynamic, highly motivated, hands on benefits guru; extensive knowledge in benefits, leaves and 401(k) plan administration including all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements including HIPAA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125, COBRA, and DOL requirements.
· A Juggler: You bring to the table exceptional multitasking/prioritization skills in a fast-paced work environment and are able to make decisions with little guidance.
· Discreet: You have a high level of professionalism, exhibit exceptional judgment assisting with and protecting highly confidential information.
· Passionate: You love what you do and are willing to go the extra mile for employees to provide a best-in-class experience.
· Tech-Savvy: You know your way around HRIS systems and numerous benefits portals- you manually leverage systems when needed to get the job done faster.
· Communicator: You have exceptional interpersonal and relational skills to support employees at all levels of the organization. You maintain strong relationships with benefits vendors and are able to effectively resolve problems in a timely manner by leveraging these relationships.
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.