Supplier Quality Engineer
Production & Manufacturing – Quality /
JMA is restoring U.S. leadership in wireless technology at a critical time in the transition to 5G. It makes the world’s most advanced software-based 5G platform, designed, coded, and manufactured in Syracuse, NY at the only U.S.-owned 5G factory in the country.
Across its global tech centers, JMA makes 5G possible for organizations with the most critical connectivity demands in the world. JMA’s technology is ushering in a new era of connectivity for leading mobile carriers, the most iconic stadiums, major universities, leading healthcare centers, the busiest transit centers, and the U.S. Military.
5G is more than another G on your phone — it is a generational opportunity to change the way the world operates. Join the industry’s fastest growing technology company to shape that future today.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for developing and monitoring supplier performance. As the primary quality contact for JMA’s supply base, this person will drive and execute the requirements specified in JMA’s Supplier Quality Manual. This will include onboarding, quality inspections, troubleshooting, and drive overall supply chain improvements and efficiencies.
- Inspection and Testing
- Perform preliminary inspection and testing as required for new suppliers, new production parts and provide necessary documentation to engineering and sourcing for internal review
- Supplier Management
- Develop and maintain strong supplier relationships as primary quality contact
- Conduct regular supplier audits and business reviews with other JMA stakeholders to ensure supplier performance
- Develop and maintain internal relationships with other team members in Engineering, Quality, Logistics, etc. to assist with the project at hand
- Manage Supplier Certifications
- Ensure suppliers have capabilities and documentation to produce required material that comply with all required certifications and documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, Engineering, ASQ CQE, or equivalent experience
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work well across multiple teams
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong communication skills for internal and external customers
- SAP quality module experience preferred
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- 35% Travel (domestic and international as needed)
- Must have excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Must have exceptional decision making and problem solving skills
- Must have good written and oral communication skills (English)
At JMA, we don’t just accept differences — we embrace them. JMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.