Security Engineer - Linux Administration
Richmond, VA /
Information Technology – Infrastructure /
JMA is looking for a Security Engineer with a focus in Linux administration to provide Subject Matter Expert level guidance to Product/Engineering/Application teams in support of JMA’s product line and its integration into customer environments.
Position can be located in one of our Technical Centers in Richmond, VA or Chicago, IL.
As an entrepreneurial U.S.-based company that’s competing on a global scale, JMA is growing at an incredible pace – and we’re just getting started. We’re a leading global innovator of mobile connectivity solutions. We design and build next-generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. Whether our teammates are working on the manufacturing floor creating products or working side by side with our customers at an installation, we are never satisfied with the status quo. We never settle, every person in every position has the power to make an impact.
- Provide secure design and implementation frameworks for the installation of JMA product sets into customer facilities
- Develop a complete understanding of JMA product sets and how they integrate into customer networks
- Plan, research, design, build, implement and support robust security architectures for JMA product installations
- Align product security strategy with application development technology strategy
- Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge
- Perform or supervise vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments on product lines during QA phase
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Test security systems to ensure they behave as expected
- Provide policy and guidance on security to application development teams
- Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats and how they may affect JMA products
- Provide thorough remedial solutions and analysis to security-related incidents
- Act as security liaison between product lines and corporate IT
- Utilize emerging technologies to design and implement security solutions; monitoring and improving those solutions while working with both information security, network, and application development teams
- Consulting and engineering in the design and development of security best practices; implementation of security measures to meet business goals, customer needs and regulatory requirements
- Identity and access management; tracking and creating/enforcing policies that govern access sensitive technology resources and information assetsnagement; tracking and creating/enforcing policies that govern access sensitive technology resources and information assets
Required Technical Skills and knowledge
- 8+ years’ experience with Linux OS administration with deep knowledge of RedHat family of Linux; and server hardening, including working with Firewall and SELinux
- CIS Benchmarks such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Apache Tomcat
- NIST STIGs such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Application Security and Development
- CVE/CVSS impact analysis, mitigation and remediation
- PKI systems including certificate authority (CA) services, deployment models, validations services such as on-line certificate status protocol (OCSP) and certificate revocation lists (CRL)
- Experience in Shell and/or Python scripting
- Solid knowledge of network security protocols such as TLS, IPSec, and VPNs
- Thorough understanding of relevant industry security standards and protocols including ISO27001, CMMC and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST); Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies
- Risk assessment procedures, policy formation, role-based authorization methodologies, authentication technologies and security attack pathologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies, or other applicable fields.
- Outstanding communication skills; strong critical thinking and analytical skills. Can communicate with customers and C-level executives.
- Ability to function as a Security subject matter expert who can explain complex topics to those without a technical background
- Strong leadership, project and team-building skills, including the ability to lead teams and influence initiatives in multiple departments
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, technology projects and information security programs
Certifications - Preferred, but not necessary
- Prefer candidate to hold a security related certification such as CISSP, SSCP, GSEC or CASP+
JMA offers a total rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.