Software Engineer, Native App
Remote/Cambridge, MA /
Engineering – Application /
Jobcase is a social media platform dedicated to empowering and advocating for the world’s workers. We develop technology to help people lead better, more meaningful work-lives – providing access to jobs, tools to take action, and a community for support. Jobcase is an affiliate of MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab, and collaborates with employers, nonprofits and government agencies to both improve, and diversify access to opportunity and participation in the workforce.
Jobcase is seeking a strong full-stack problem-solving Software Engineer that will help develop our next generation of user-facing application software. Today, Jobcase hosts 110+ million registered members, 20+ million unique monthly visitors and Comscore ranks us as the 3rd largest online career resource.
What you’ll be doing here:
- Participate in the planning, development, and deployment of Jobcase’s member-facing Native App and the microservices that power it
- Build software with a full-stack skillset that enables a superlative customer experience with performance, security, scalability, and resilience as default characteristics
- Deeply understand and drive our business strategy through not just technology-based innovation but also in influencing our product agenda
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including product management, product design, performance marketing, analytics, and others throughout the business to give input into the end-to-end customer experience
About you and your skills:
- 1+ years of software development experience, especially in developing consumer-facing applications in Java and React Native or similar languages
- Experience working in a customer-oriented product development environment on high-scale systems that incorporate principles of lean software development and DevOpsStrong understanding of contemporary best technology practices
- Comfort and fluency with data, as our teams leverage extensive data-driven testing and data-informed decision-making
- Thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing, high-growth environment
If you are looking to join a company where you can proudly bring your whole self to work, we invite you to apply today. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion means that whoever you are, and whatever path you’ve taken to get here, we value you at Jobcase. We know that diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, interests, and skills are essential to build a great product that serves ALL people. If you can help drive success and have fun while doing it, we can’t wait to meet you! Apply to any and every role that feels like the right next step on your journey, regardless of the criteria we’ve listed.
Jobcase does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.