Remote/Cambridge, MA /
Finance, Legal, Strategy, & Office of CEO – Strategy /
Jobcase is a social media platform dedicated to empowering and advocating for the world’s workers. We develop technology to help people lead better, more meaningful work-lives – providing access to jobs, tools to take action, and a community for support. Jobcase is an affiliate of MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab, and collaborates with employers, nonprofits and government agencies to both improve, and diversify access to opportunity and participation in the workforce.
Jobcase is in need of a hardworking, bright, enthusiastic Senior Accountant to assist in the day-to-day performance of accounting operations, as well as optimizing month-end close processes, analyzing and improving internal controls, and owning the monthly accrual process. This is a tremendous opportunity to capture the energy and rapid pace of a growing tech company, with the proven track record as an industry leader.
What you'll be doing here:
- Spearhead month-end close process, particularly month-end accruals and accounts payable with minimal supervision
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Manage and execute cash application and reconciliation process
- Perform and oversee day-to-day payable activities
- Ensure that all corporate card activity is processed and recorded correctly in the financials
- Ability to interpret and independently review financial data to discover insights and trends
- Assist in audit and tax return preparation
- Perform ad hoc analysis as requested by
About you and your experience:
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in public or corporate accounting
- CPA a plus
- Expert excel skills a must- Strong technical accounting skills, particularly with regards to Accruals
- Willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and tackle data entry as well as strategic planning and execution
If you are looking to join a company where you can proudly bring your whole self to work, we invite you to apply today. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion means that whoever you are, and whatever path you’ve taken to get here, we value you at Jobcase. We know that diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, interests, and skills are essential to build a great product that serves ALL people. If you can help drive success and have fun while doing it, we can’t wait to meet you! Apply to any and every role that feels like the right next step on your journey, regardless of the criteria we’ve listed.
Jobcase does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.