Backend Software Engineer
Remote/Cambridge, MA /
Engineering – Core Services /
Jobcase is a social media platform dedicated to empowering and advocating for the world’s workers. We develop technology to help people lead better, more meaningful work-lives – providing access to jobs, tools to take action, and a community for support. Jobcase is an affiliate of MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab, and collaborates with employers, nonprofits and government agencies to both improve, and diversify access to opportunity and participation in the workforce.
Jobcase is looking to find a problem-solving Backend Software Engineer to join our Engineering - Core Service, Outbound Communication System (OCS) team to develop and facilitate daily communication with our Jobcase community and users. Today, Jobcase hosts 110+ million registered members, 20+ million unique monthly visitors and Comscore ranks us as the 3rd largest online career resource. For this position, we are considering experiences of all levels due to the multiple areas of opportunity within the team.
What you’ll be doing here:
- Participate in the planning, development, operation and deployment of Jobcase's multi-channel communication system delivering tens of millions communications daily to Jobcase users via email, SMS, web push, mobile push and phone calls
- Tackle interesting and challenging problems on large scale dataset, high performance, availability and reliability requirements
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including performance marketing, analytics, product management, product design, and others throughout the business to provide valuable and effective communication experience to our members
- Deeply understand and drive our business strategy through not just technology-based innovation, but also in influencing our product agenda
About you and your skills:
- Working knowledge of at least one OOP language, such as Java
- Knowledge with using relational databases such as MySQL
- Experience with building and operating distributed, multi-module systems
- A proactive, curious mindset with eagerness to learn, stay motivated, and hardworking
- Experience on building large scale back systems
- Docker/Kubernetes experience is a plus
- Have a solid understanding with AWS, DevOps principles, Spring Framework, preferred
- Agile mindset and scrum knowledge, preferred
If you are looking to join a company where you can proudly bring your whole self to work, we invite you to apply today. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion means that whoever you are, and whatever path you’ve taken to get here, we value you at Jobcase. We know that diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, interests, and skills are essential to build a great product that serves ALL people. If you can help drive success and have fun while doing it, we can’t wait to meet you! Apply to any and every role that feels like the right next step on your journey, regardless of the criteria we’ve listed.
Jobcase does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.