Remote/Cambridge, MA /
Engineering – DevOps /
Jobcase is a social media platform dedicated to empowering and advocating for the world’s workers. We develop technology to help people lead better, more meaningful work-lives – providing access to jobs, tools to take action, and a community for support. Jobcase is an affiliate of MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab, and collaborates with employers, nonprofits and government agencies to both improve, and diversify access to opportunity and participation in the workforce.
Jobcase is looking for a Security Engineer to join our growing team.
What you'll be doing here:
- Work on the development and maintenance of an information security program
- including all related policies, processes, and procedures
- Evaluate and implement new technologies to improve overall security posture
- Manage and assess all current and future compliance obligations (ex. PCI-DSS, FERPA, GDPR, State and Federal regulations, etc.)
- Facilitate cross-team communication to identify and remediate any security gaps, as well as improve upon existing processes and protocols
- Proactively monitor systems for signs of compromise or breaches and lead incident response efforts for mitigation and containment
- Assist with administering an ongoing cyber security awareness program for all company employees and contractors
- Work with contractors and vendors to verify that their practices and systems adhere to our security standards
- Take part in vulnerability and risk assessment programs as well as internal/external assessments (vulnerability , compliance, penetration testing, etc.).
- Review, create, and update network and data flow diagrams as they pertain to information security
- Assist in the fulfillment of all legal and contractual obligations as they pertain to information security and privacy
- Design and develop system hardening and access control requirements
- Help coordinate schedule for systems upgrades and patching
- Keep current on emerging security threats and trends
About you and your skills:
- 5+ years of security engineering or similar experience with cloud-based infrastructure
- Demonstrated ability to take on new technologies
- Strong knowledge of AWS, especially IAM, KMS, RDS, S3
- Nice to have: AWS Security Hub, Inspector, GuardDuty, CloudHealth Secure State
- Experience with relational databases, MySQL preferred
- Experience with CICD, GitLab preferred
- Familiarity with web applications, version control, and SDLC
- Nice to have: Tomcat, Java, Git, Maven
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities
- Strong communication skills
- A motivated team player able to work independently and collaboratively
If you are looking to join a company where you can proudly bring your whole self to work, we invite you to apply today. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion means that whoever you are, and whatever path you’ve taken to get here, we value you at Jobcase. We know that diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, interests, and skills are essential to build a great product that serves ALL people. If you can help drive success and have fun while doing it, we can’t wait to meet you! Apply to any and every role that feels like the right next step on your journey, regardless of the criteria we’ve listed.
Jobcase does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.