Backend Software Engineer - Core Services
Remote/Cambridge, MA /
Engineering – Core Services /
Jobcase is a social media platform dedicated to empowering and advocating for the world’s workers. We develop technology to help people lead better, more meaningful work-lives – providing access to jobs, tools to take action, and a community for support. Jobcase is an affiliate of MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab, and collaborates with employers, nonprofits and government agencies to both improve, and diversify access to opportunity and participation in the workforce.
Jobcase is looking to find a problem-solving Backend Software Engineer to join our Engineering - Core Services team that maintains critical infrastructure that manages user sessions, profiles, and event reporting for analytics. Jobcase hosts 110+ million registered members, 20+ million unique monthly visitors and Comscore ranks us as the 3rd largest online career resource.
What you’ll be doing here:
- Participate in the planning, development, and deployment of the infrastructure that powers Jobcase’s core backend services
- Partner with engineers and managers across the organization to understand and solve technical challenges
- Tackle interesting and challenging problems on large scale dataset, high performance, availability and reliability requirements
- Identify and drive opportunities for decoupling and breakout into microservices
About you and your skills:
- 5+ years experience in Java, particularly in high throughput environments serving millions of users
- Experience architecting performant large scale web applications
- Experience working with AWS a plus
- Knowledge with using and performance-tuning relational databases such as MySQL preferred
- A proactive, curious mindset
If you are looking to join a company where you can proudly bring your whole self to work, we invite you to apply today. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion means that whoever you are, and whatever path you’ve taken to get here, we value you at Jobcase. We know that diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, interests, and skills are essential to build a great product that serves ALL people. If you can help drive success and have fun while doing it, we can’t wait to meet you! Apply to any and every role that feels like the right next step on your journey, regardless of the criteria we’ve listed.
Jobcase does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.