Remote/Cambridge, MA /
Product Management – Community Services /
Jobcase is a social media platform dedicated to empowering and advocating for the world’s workers. We develop technology to help people lead better, more meaningful work-lives – providing access to jobs, tools to take action, and a community for support. Jobcase is an affiliate of MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab, and collaborates with employers, nonprofits and government agencies to both improve, and diversify access to opportunity and participation in the workforce.
Do you have a passion for online communities, forums, social media? Do you enjoy helping others?
As a Community Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that our social media platform is a place for empowering workers. Our community team achieves this through creating and moderating content, engaging with members, and helping them in their work life.
What you'll be doing here:
- Help attract, build, and manage Jobcase’s community
- Facilitate engagement among Jobcase members within the community
- Evangelize Jobcase policies and take responsibility for major moderation decisions affecting active community members
- Develop and execute marketing strategies to recruit valuable content contributors to Jobcase
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to better understand our members needs
- Create content on Jobcase’s digital platform that increases audience engagement and website/app traffic
- Develop article/program pitches and present them for consideration to be created and launched
- Monitor and respond to community feedback to help grow community retention, promptly respond to mentions, DM's, and other relevant conversation
- Manage multiple projects with short deadlines
- Analyze performance data and innovating the community strategy to optimize and grow performance metrics
- Partner with sales and marketing teams to create content supportive of their efforts
About you and your skills:
- You love helping others - if we asked your previous employer they would likely comment on how kind and patient you are
- You excel at interacting directly with customers through a written medium. Connecting with others comes easily to you
- You are self-directed - you possess the ability to motivate yourself daily and accomplish tasks in a given period of time. You like to set goals and then crush them!
- You exercise good judgment and communicate well - you know when to take care of something and also when to seek help
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Solid content management skills: SEO content, editing skills, and adept at handling large amounts of user generated content
- Work well in a distributed team environment (remotely)
If you are looking to join a company where you can proudly bring your whole self to work, we invite you to apply today. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion means that whoever you are, and whatever path you’ve taken to get here, we value you at Jobcase. We know that diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, interests, and skills are essential to build a great product that serves ALL people. If you can help drive success and have fun while doing it, we can’t wait to meet you! Apply to any and every role that feels like the right next step on your journey, regardless of the criteria we’ve listed.
Jobcase does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.