Business Operations Specialist
Remote/Cambridge, MA /
Customer Success – Non-Enterprise /
Jobcase is a social media platform dedicated to empowering and advocating for the world’s workers. We develop technology to help people lead better, more meaningful work-lives – providing access to jobs, tools to take action, and a community for support. Jobcase is an affiliate of MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab, and collaborates with employers, nonprofits and government agencies to both improve, and diversify access to opportunity and participation in the workforce.
Jobcase is looking for a Business Operations Specialist to join our Customer Success team. Business Operations is a multi-faceted team focused on driving strategic, operational, and analytical support across the organization. As a Specialist, you’ll be expected to carry a range of cross-functional projects with an emphasis on evolving early-stage ideas into regular day-day operations & scalable business processes. In your first few months, you’ll become an in-house expert on the rules that govern our jobs ecosystem and make contributions to the areas of Search Quality, Search Configuration, and Partner Success.
While this role is primarily focused on Jobs, the team as a whole services several of our business units including Content & Community, Member Support, Employer Sales, Business Development, Job Search, and Compliance.
Our ideal candidate has a strong technical background and is eager to help solve difficult problems, has a knack for creating value in ambiguous environments, and has a history of being scrappy when it counts!
What you’ll be doing here:
- Daily Analysis & Process Execution
- Use a combination of sound judgement and guidelines to independently categorize partner content on a daily basis
- Monitor and evaluate the downstream member experience of the jobs in our job store to protect them from fraud and ensure a great job application experience
- Interpret data, communicate insights, and provide recommendations to internal stakeholders on issues related to jobs quality and the downstream member experience
- Set up search experiments and make necessary adjustments to rule-based configurations that will impact our search algorithm
- Daily budget management for a large portfolio of job ad campaigns, ensuring that all partner deliverables have been met or exceeded
- Operational Excellence
- Assist in evaluating processes, enhancing workflows, and advocating for tools that will increase efficiencies for routine task execution
- Maintain documentation for repeatable processes and procedures to support continuous learning and training across teams
- Bring visibility to high standards of performance for self and others by preparing reports on key operational initiatives
- Cross Functional Project Ownership
- Maintain strong relationships and communication channels with Business Development, Product and Engineering teams to support overall partner growth; continuously operating in the mutual best interest of the clients, Jobcase and our members
- Advise stakeholders on acceptable strategies to achieve desired results in experiments
- Generate insights from a variety of sources to guide action items, develop process, and highlight business opportunity for supported teams
About you and your skills:
- Ambitious self-starter who enjoys a good challenge and continuous learning - willing to ask questions and propose new ideas to continue pushing the business forward
- Deep and strong analytical skills. Ability to analyze a problem, review results, create strategies for resolution and execute them confidently
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and adapt to a dynamic environment at a fast paced and quickly growing technology company
- 3+ years experience in analytics, consulting, finance, customer success, product management, or a related field
- Proficiency with SQL, R, Python, or other statistical programming languages a plus!
If you are looking to join a company where you can proudly bring your whole self to work, we invite you to apply today. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion means that whoever you are, and whatever path you’ve taken to get here, we value you at Jobcase. We know that diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, interests, and skills are essential to build a great product that serves ALL people. If you can help drive success and have fun while doing it, we can’t wait to meet you! Apply to any and every role that feels like the right next step on your journey, regardless of the criteria we’ve listed.
Jobcase does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.