Senior Software Engineer
Remote/Cambridge, MA /
Engineering – Core Services /
Jobcase is a social media platform dedicated to empowering and advocating for the world’s workers. We develop technology to help people lead better, more meaningful work-lives – providing access to jobs, tools to take action, and a community for support. Jobcase is an affiliate of MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab, and collaborates with employers, nonprofits and government agencies to both improve, and diversify access to opportunity and participation in the workforce.
Jobcase is seeking a strong infrastructure-focused problem-solving Senior Software Engineer that will help evolve and evangelize our next generation of continuous delivery capabilities. Today, Jobcase hosts 110+ million registered members, 20+ million unique monthly visitors and Comscore ranks us as the 3rd largest online career resource.
What you’ll be doing here:
- Participate in the planning, development, and deployment of Jobcase’s continuous delivery infrastructure and processes
- Build software and tools that increase the development velocity of every engineer without sacrificing quality
- Deeply understand and work on all components of our platform and middleware tiers, and partner closely with application teams to help integrate numerous and diverse technology stacks
- Provide training and help evolve best practices throughout the engineering organization
About you are your skills:
- 5+ years of software development experience, especially in infrastructure-focused roles
- Experience working in a customer-oriented product development environment on high-scale systems that incorporate principles of lean software development and DevOps
- Strong understanding of contemporary best technology practices. Major pluses include experience working with Docker / Kubernetes or other container orchestration, cloud-based AWS design patterns, application security best practices, and microservices architectures
- Comfortable working independently and taking complex technology projects from concept to completion
- Thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing, high-growth environment
If you are looking to join a company where you can proudly bring your whole self to work, we invite you to apply today. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion means that whoever you are, and whatever path you’ve taken to get here, we value you at Jobcase. We know that diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, interests, and skills are essential to build a great product that serves ALL people. If you can help drive success and have fun while doing it, we can’t wait to meet you! Apply to any and every role that feels like the right next step on your journey, regardless of the criteria we’ve listed.
Jobcase does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.