Design – Design
Jobscan is a fast-growing start-up in the heart of historic Pioneer Square, Seattle, WA. Jobscan is web service that helps job seekers land more interviews by using AI to analyze one’s resume or LinkedIn profile against any job description. We're building the next generation of job search tools to make job search easier. We’re user-funded, profitable, and growing exponentially.
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer to take ownership of the product and improve the ease of use of our industry-leading product. You will have the freedom to utilize your skills to help job seekers land jobs faster. Our user-focused culture will give you the opportunity to maximize your impact as a designer.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Making strategic user-experience decisions on our main site and blog as the lead designer
- Working with and creating detailed requirements through user stories and user scenarios
- Design user experiences from low-fidelity sketches to hi-fidelity mockups
- Build rapid prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and end users
- Create design specifications for engineers to communicate final design directionIdentify usability issues by hosting focus groups, performing contextual inquiries, analyzing usage data and utilizing A/B testing
- Stay on top of UX trends and looking for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous products or realms
What You’ll Need
- 3 to 5 years of UX experience
- Portfolio with systematic and creative design thinking and deep understanding of UI/UX best practices
- A data-driven approach to making design and product decisions
- Recognize and predict user interaction models, including happy path and edge cases
- Understanding of information design, information architecture, Gestalt principles, user-centered design and cognitive psychology
- Excellent communication skills to sell your concepts
What’d Be Cool To Have
- Proficiency with Sketch, InVision, Balsamiq or equivalent tools
- Great visual sense for UI
- Side projects and entrepreneurial experience
- Start-up experience
Our Benefits & Perks Include:
Competitive salary + stock options, flexible schedule, ORCA card stipend, PTO, 401(k), medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, free drinks and snacks of your choice, dog-friendly office, education stipend. As we continue to grow, we are always adding more benefits and perks for our team.
At this time, we are only considering candidates who are authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
Jobscan provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.