Senior Software Engineer
Seattle, WA /
Our mission at Jobscan is to empower job seekers and help them land more interviews. We analyze resumes and LinkedIn profiles against job descriptions, helping our users stand out against the competition. Our users love us - we’re completely user-funded, profitable, and growing exponentially.
We are looking for a smart, driven, enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer to help us build the next generation of job search tools. You’ll join our Seattle-based engineering team, delivering new features and tools to our growing user base. You’ll use modern and proven technologies to help us exceed our user’s expectations and scale our tools to an increasingly global audience, working in a fast-paced environment and reporting directly to our CTO. This is a great chance to be part of a growing organization that is passionate about building software the right way as well as continually providing opportunities for professional growth.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work in agile sprints building new features and enhancing existing areas of our tools using Vue.js, PHP (Laravel), MySQL, and AWS.
- Contribute to full-stack software design and development with a focus on maintainability, usability, scalability, and performance.
- Work closely with business, marketing, and content teams to understand the future business direction with the goal of architecting the platform optimally for feature delivery.
- Contribute ideas and work on solutions to evolve our CI/CD processes and tools.
- Be a positive influence on the team participating in design reviews, collaborating with other developers, and ensuring adherence to coding and testing standards.
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to web technologies, cloud computing, machine learning (ML), and automated unit testing.
- Drive major releases, breaking down complex requirements into actionable development work that can include more junior engineers.
- Help foster an environment of engineering excellence by coaching and mentoring more junior engineers.
- Add and improve our test coverage in our end-to-end, integration, and unit test suites.
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of full-stack software development experience on a customer-facing web application
- Experience with 2 or more of: PHP, Laravel (or a similar web application framework such as Ruby on Rails or Django), Python, Java
- Experience with containers and Docker
- Experience working with, creating, and consuming REST web services and APIs
- Experience with SQL databases (MySQL is a plus)
- Strong computer science fundamentals
Nice to Have:
- Experience with ML (TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
- Experience with NLP (NLTK, SpaCy, CoreNLP, etc.)
Our Benefits & Perks Include:
Competitive salary + stock options, flexible schedule, Commuter Benefits (Seattle Office), Flexible PTO, 401(k), medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, free drinks and snacks of your choice (Seattle Office), education stipend. As we continue to grow, we are always adding more benefits and perks for our team.
At this time, we are only considering candidates who are authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
Jobscan provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.