P/T Frontend Software Engineer
Remote Brazil /
Engineering – Engineering /
At Jobscan, we’re passionate about empowering job seekers to land more interviews with AI technology. We have helped over 2 million job seekers get more interviews in 100+ countries. Jobscan’s platform benefits job seekers, employers, universities, and communities. We're a fast-growing remote startup. We are completely customer-funded, profitable, and growing exponentially!
We are looking for a smart, driven, enthusiastic Part-time Frontend Software Engineer to help us build the next generation of job search tools. You’ll join our engineering team, delivering new features and improving existing tools for our growing user base. You’ll use modern and proven technologies to help us exceed our user’s expectations and scale our tools to an increasingly global audience, working in a fast-paced environment. This is a great chance to be part of a growing organization that is passionate about building software the right way as well as continually providing opportunities for professional growth.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Take on major front-end development projects with a high level of ownership, focusing on maintainability, usability, scalability, and performance.
- Work closely with backend and full-stack development teams on integrating with our PHP, Java, and Python backends.
- Work closely with business, marketing, and content teams to understand the future business direction with the goal of architecting the platform optimally for extensibility and feature delivery.
- Be a positive influence on the team participating in design reviews, collaborating with other developers, and ensuring adherence to coding and testing standards.
- Add and improve our test coverage in our end-to-end, integration, and unit test suites.
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to web technologies, cloud computing, machine learning (ML), and automated unit testing.
What You’ll Need:
- 3-5 years of full-stack software development experience on a customer-facing web application.
- A positive attitude and low ego.
- Experience with Laravel or a similar web application framework such as Ruby on Rails or Django.
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills.
- Experience working with, creating, and consuming REST web services and APIs.
- Experience with SQL databases (MySQL preferred).
- Strong computer science and web fundamentals, knowledge of design patterns.
What'd Be Nice to Have:
- Experience with PHP, particularly with Laravel or another modern PHP framework (Symfony, Drupal 8+)
- Experience with creating Browser Extensions (Chrome, Firefox)
- Experience with Java and/or Python.
- Experience with cloud architecture, preferably AWS, using technologies like EC2, ECS, Lambda, S3, and RDS.
- Experience with containers and Docker.
- Experience with ML (TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
- Experience with NLP (NLTK, SpaCy, CoreNLP, etc.)
‣ Remote work
‣ Competitive salary + stock options
‣ Flexible schedule
‣ Unlimited PTO + 14 Paid Holidays + Paid Sick Days
‣ Paid days off last week of year
‣ Paid parental leave
‣ 401(k) + employer match
‣ Health savings accounts
‣ Life insurance
‣ $1000 tech stipend, education stipend, internet stipend
‣ Apple computer or PC of your choice
‣ Bi-annual company trips
‣ Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
As we continue to grow, we are always adding more benefits and perks for our team.
Jobscan provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.