Jobscan is a fast-growing start-up in the heart of historic Pioneer Square, Seattle, WA. Jobscan is web service that helps job seekers land more interviews by using AI to analyze one’s resume or LinkedIn profile against any job description. We're building the next generation of job search tools to make job search easier. We’re user-funded, profitable, and growing exponentially.
We are looking for a Content Writer to produce high-quality editorial content throughout Jobscan’s website. You will use excellent researching, writing, and editing skills to produce expert-level articles on assigned topics while also contributing to a variety of marketing projects. You’ll be working closely with the Content Manager and marketing and sales teams within a startup environment to help scale and grow the company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Write content marketing and SEO articles for the Jobscan Blog (www.jobscan.co/blog) and Learning Center (www.jobscan.co/learning)
- Edit or rewrite existing editorial content to meet marketing objectives
- Research assigned topics and write articles as a subject-matter expert
- Suggest blog topics by researching SEO keywords and popular trends
- Write copy for website landing pages, marketing materials, and advertising campaignsSource interview leads and conduct interviews for in-depth stories
- Work with Content Manager to strategize content and meet marketing goals
- Assist team with language/writing tasks as needed
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of blogging, content writing, and/or copywriting experience
- Proven experience creating content that aligns with company style and brand guidelines
- Excellent writer (have sample links ready)
- Excellent oral communication skills (including in-person, phone, and email)
- Working knowledge of Wordpress or similar CMS
- Analytical and data-driven
What’d Be Cool To Have:
- Experience working with tech companies
- Knowledge and/or experience writing in the job search and career space
- Basic knowledge of content marketing, Google Analytics
- Basic knowledge of SEO best practices; exposure to SEO tools like Ahrefs, SEMRush, Moz etc.
Our Benefits & Perks Include:
Competitive salary + stock options, flexible schedule, Commuter Benefits, PTO, 401(k), medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, free drinks and snacks of your choice, dog-friendly office, education stipend. As we continue to grow, we are always adding more benefits and perks for our team.
At this time, we are only considering candidates who are authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
Jobscan provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.