Operations – Sales /
At joe, we help small, independent coffee entrepreneurs fight back against the corporate giants by making it easy and convenient for people to support small business owners and discover delicious local coffee. 70% of people that currently order ahead at national chains say they’ll switch to support small business if the experience is convenient and easy enough - we’re here to make it happen.
We're VC backed by founders of PayPal, StubHub, and Slice and early employees from DoorDash, Uber, and Lyft. We are looking for people full of grit, take pride in their lack of ego, who work hard, fast and have the courage to take big swings and the determination to get 1% better every day. As a joe Account Executive, you’ll interact with and empower coffee shop operators every day remotely (and on more rare occasions, in person). We love empowering underdogs everywhere and we’re here to make an impact - think you’re up for the challenge? Join us!
Location - Remote, with preference from Atlanta, Chicago, or Seattle
In this role, you will:
• Sell shops on the value of partnering with Joe to delight their current customers and bring them new ones.
• Gain access to decision makers, build trust as a knowledgeable and empathetic party, answer questions and satisfy concerns, and create not just acceptance but excitement about partnering with joe
• Share your learnings with operations leadership and the broader sales team - we succeed and fail together
• Work closely with onboarding specialists and partner success team members
• Hit or exceed your sales targets reliably and regularly - and stretch the boundaries of what seems possible
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Confidence in your experience, and are motivated and excited to beat goals and set newer, higher ones
- Prior experience (2+ years preferred) developing lead pipelines and establishing initial contact in an inside sales capacity
- Ability to leveraging existing process and learnings, but are equally excited about new territory and building new playbooks
- High self-awareness, and have emotional and situational intelligence, both within your team and working with new contacts
- Pride in your excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with standard tech tools (Google Apps, CRM like Salesforce or Hubspot) - but while you leverage tools, you aren’t beholden to them for your success
It’d be even cooler if you’ve:
- Worked in a small retail business - particularly restaurant or coffee space
- Worked as part of an entrepreneurial team - where you have core responsibilities but want to find other ways to contribute to the overall success of the company
- Competitive base salary + commission program
- Employer paid healthcare
- Generous vacation / PTO
- 12 annual paid holidays
- Annual home office equipment budget
- Weekly coffee budget (where joe is available)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.