Organizing SMS Director
Remote/Philadelphia, PA HQ /
Digital Organizing – Digital Organizing /
Thank you for your interest in Biden for President!
Joe Biden for President is seeking an Organizing SMS Director to lead on planning, strategy, and execution of the broadcast SMS program to engage and mobilize supporters and volunteers. This position reports to the Director of Digital Engagement.
- Serve as project manager on workflow of SMS team;
- Create, populate, and manage the SMS calendar;
- Track metrics to measure program effectiveness;
- Work closely with others on the distributed organizing and states team.
- 2+ years of experience directing broadcast SMS programs on a national campaign or at a progressive organization;
- Strong writing and copy editing skills;
- Experience developing and managing SMS calendars;
- Can analyze and share findings of regular testing to identify the most effective strategies and messages;
- Proficiency with broadcast SMS platforms, such as Mobile Commons;
- Understanding of fundamental organizing tactics and skills;
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight timelines, and be detail-orientated;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and sound judgment.
Biden for President is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization, and vital to our success.