Remote/Philadelphia, PA HQ /
Data & Analytics – Data & Analytics /
Thank you for your interest in Biden for President!
The Biden for President Campaign is seeking a Data Engineer to join the Analytics Engineering team. This role supports and guides the campaign’s database development, maintenance, and optimization, and performs engineering tasks to ensure data is readily available for use by our analysts and data scientists. This person will work collaboratively with members of the Tech and Analytics teams to implement and execute parts of our program, and report to the Analytics Engineering Lead.
- Design, build, and maintain data pipelines to ingest data from multiple data sources (including custom code to hit various APIs) into our data warehouses
- Help ensure database reliability, security, and performance, through projects that add monitoring, automation, and helping analysts and other users optimize code
- Assist and advise analytics team in data acquisition and processing, including web scraping and ETL pipelines
- Other analysis-specific engineering tasks in support of the analytics team
- 1-2+ years of experience as a data engineer, engineering-focused analyst, or database administrator
- 1-2+ years using SQL, Python, and other scripting languages professionally
- Experience deploying data pipelines (e.g. using Airflow)
- AWS experience (in particular Redshift, S3)
- GCP experience (in particular BigQuery, Google Cloud Storage)
- A desire to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and implement creative solutions to unique problems.
Additional Useful Skills & Qualifications
- Experience volunteering or working on a political campaign data team or with the Voter File
- Experience with the Civis Platform, NGPVAN, Mobile Commons, BlueStateDigital, and, and other political tech tools
Biden for President is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization, and vital to our success.