Remote/Philadelphia, PA HQ /
Paid Media – Paid Media /
Thank you for your interest in Biden for President!
The Stories Manager will help source testimonial stories from real-world Americans that we’ll highlight in the campaign’s TV and digital advertising programs. They will also help produce and contribute to other creative products on an ongoing basis as well. The Stories Manager will report to the Director of Stories.
- Assist in the paid media team’s testimonial story collection process and be accountable to the Director of Stories on an ongoing basis; Help execute on the process surrounding localized testimonial story production including, but not limited to, communications with state leadership + staff; Help establish a storybank infrastructure and manage the story databases
- Work across multiple departments – including paid media, research, and field, states,
- political and digital – to find these stories
- Assist in the interview preparation process for testimonial story capture. Help facilitate the recording of their stories and their information, work with vetting and research to properly screen.
- Develop an understanding for who the best individuals are who can tell their stories on the campaign’s behalf and create background briefings.
- Work hand-in-hand with the campaign’s political, states teams to identify the best stories/testimonials for paid advertising – including TV, radio, mail and digital.
- The role will also encompass post-production work as well, helping to facilitate the editorial side of testimonial story production, working closely with the production team, research and communications teams to ensure timely approvals and track progress to completion of edits.
- Work closely with the Creative Director and Executive Producer to coordinate and execute ad shoots
- Proven ability to recruit and manage volunteer talent
- 2+ years experience in coordinating, managing, and supervising the component parts of video production; ideally 1-2 election cycles of political experience
- Experience story banking and managing databases
- Experience coordinating film shoots
- Can work long hours (weekends, potential travel) and meet deadlines in high-pressure environment
- A creative eye for interesting ways to deliver message to voters
- Proficiency on Adobe Premiere and After Effects a plus
- Strong organizational skills
Biden for President is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization, and vital to our success.