Senior Cloud Security Architect
Remote/Philadelphia, PA HQ /
Technology – Information Technology /
Thank you for your interest in Biden for President!
The Biden for President Campaign is seeking a Senior Cloud Security Architect who will work closely with the Chief Information Security Officer to deliver secure technology to assist the goals of the campaign at large. The Cloud Security Architect will collaborate with a team of engineers to implement and deploy security solutions.
- Lead the information security team on the identification, analysis, and mitigation of risks related to cloud services.
- Perform software architecture design reviews for on-prem or cloud deployments.
- Collaborate with business software engineering teams on solving business problems via the architecture and engineering of cloud native applications.
- Engage with the larger Core Engineering organization to create and deliver usable, safe cloud native engineering patterns with associated guardrails and operational practices.
- Create, communicate, and promote best practices for public cloud native development across the organization.
- Develop secure architecture design patterns.
- 5+ years’ experience in one or more technical roles.
- Prior experience in performing Threat Modeling or Secure Design Reviews.
- Familiarity with common cloud services, recommended security best practices and secure deployment patterns – Google and AWS is preferred.
- Experience architecting, designing, administering, or developing applications in Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platforms.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, both written and orally, as well as the interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams.
- Understanding of core cryptography concepts (Encryption, Hashing, HMAC, digital signatures) and how they are applied and attacked in web applications (e.g. TLS attacks, CBC attacks).
- Ability to analyze protocols (OAuth, SAML, OIDC), flows and interactions in a system design to evaluate gaps.
- Ability to identify threats, abuse cases, and gaps in the design before it is implemented.
- Ability to work independently.
Biden for President is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization, and vital to our success.