Organizing Email Director
Remote/Philadelphia, PA HQ /
Digital Organizing – Digital Organizing /
Thank you for your interest in Biden for President!
Biden for President is seeking an Organizing Email Director to lead the email program -- including planning and strategy -- to engage and mobilize supporters and volunteers. In this role you will coordinate with stakeholders across the campaign to achieve various campaign objectives such as recruiting volunteers in battleground states, mobilizing coalition and constituency members, educating voters on how to vote safely in their community, and more. This role reports to the Director of Digital Engagement.
- Serve as the director on workflow of email strategists and producers;
- Coordinated with stakeholders on the distributed organizing and states team to support the mobilization and recruitment of volunteers across the country;
- Create, populate, and manage the organizing email calendar;
- Develop and track metrics to measure program effectiveness;
- Ensure content on all email and landing pages is up to date and relevant;
- Coordinate with the Director of Digital Engagement to analyze and identify opportunities to optimize the organizing email program;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience directing email on a campaign or at a progressive organization;
- Understanding of fundamental organizing tactics and best email practices;
- Experience developing and managing email calendars;
- Analyze and share findings of regular testing to identify the most effective strategies and messages;
- Strong writing and copy editing skills;
- Proficiency with a CRM or mailer, such as Blue State Digital, EveryAction, ActionKit, or Salsa;
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight timelines, and be detail-orientated;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and sound judgment.
Biden for President is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization, and vital to our success.