Online Community Manager
Remote/Philadelphia, PA HQ /
Digital Organizing – Digital Organizing /
Thank you for your interest in Biden for President!
Biden for President is seeking Online Community Managers to manage the campaign’s strategy to engage coalitions, supporters and volunteers in online communities. This role will build an online movement and network of volunteers to tell the story of our campaign. This is a unique opportunity for someone who loves interacting with people and has a sharp sense for what gets people talking. The Online Community Manager will manage 2 community organizers. This role reports to the Director of Online Community.
- Manage the national online community engagement strategy and program plans;
- Develop a calendar of activities and programming for volunteer and supporter communities to amplify the message of the campaign across online platforms;
- Develop and moderate a vibrant online groups of supporters designed for community members to share organizing resources;
- Coordinate with the coalitions team to manage an online community strategy to empower our coalition groups across the country;
- Respond to supporter comments and questions in a timely and helpful manner;
- Coordinated with the events team to organize events to build digital communities and lift campaign awareness in targeted communities across the country;
- Develop and manage metrics of success to ensure continuous success of the program;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of relevant experience with social media community management;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships - and foster relationships among others - both online and offline;
- Comfortable talking with volunteers and supporter over email, phone, and video chat;
- Understanding of fundamental organizing approaches and skills;
- Experience managing complex projects and working with multiple stakeholders;
- Have a detailed knowledge of the social media platforms and their portfolio of products;
- Strong demonstrated analytical skills, as well as impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
Biden for President is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization, and vital to our success.