Regional Organizing Director
Organizing – Organizing
Thank you for your interest in Biden for President!
The Biden for President Campaign is seeking Regional Organizing Directors (RODs) to join one of the various statewide programs the campaign is running throughout the country. RODs will report directly to a Deputy Organizing Director and will oversee the execution of the organizing and voter contact program in their region. They will directly manage a team of organizers, coach, and guarantee their success by holding them accountable to daily and weekly metrics. Regional Organizing Directors will be based in various states around the country and report to the Deputy Organizing Directors.
- Hiring, managing, training and mentoring Field Organizers
- Responsible for meeting regional goals for metrics and programs outlined in the field plan by the State Organizing Director
- Holding Field Organizers accountable to meeting their daily and weekly benchmarks and goals
- Tracking progress to goal, and coaching a team of Field Organizers to success
- Acting as a leader in the region with grasstops leaders and key activists
- Communicating clear priorities, needs, and expectations up and down the chain, and implementing communication structures with staff and their volunteers
- Performing other duties as assigned
- At least one cycle of field experience on issue or electoral campaigns, preferably one cycle managing staff
- Ability to meet tight deadlines under pressure
- Experience with Votebuilder
- Willingness to work extensive hours, including nights and weekends
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and ability to motivate staff members
- Ability to problem solve effectively and creatively
- Valid Driver’s License and/or access to reliable transportation
Biden for President is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization, and vital to our success.