Online Community Organizer
Remote/Philadelphia, PA HQ /
Digital Organizing – Digital Organizing /
Thank you for your interest in Biden for President!
Biden for President is seeking Online Community Organizers to join our Online Community team to engage coalitions, supporters, and volunteers in online communities. This role will report directly to an Online Community Manager and will oversee building an online movement and network of volunteers to create intentional online spaces and tell the story of our campaign. This is a unique opportunity for someone who loves interacting with people and has a sharp sense for what gets people talking.
- Execute the national online community engagement strategy and program plans;
- Develop and moderate vibrant online groups of supporters designed for community members to share organizing resources;
- Build relationships with volunteers in online spaces using various organizing tools;
- Respond to supporter comments and questions in a timely and helpful manner;
- Daily reporting of qualitative and quantitative information;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of relevant experience with organizing and/or social media community management;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships - and foster relationships among others - both online and offline;
- Comfortable talking with volunteers and supporter over email, phone, and video chat;
- Understanding of fundamental organizing approaches and skills;
- Have knowledge of social media platforms.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve effectively and creatively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Biden for President is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization, and vital to our success.