Philadelphia, PA HQ
Digital – Digital Content
Thank you for your interest in Biden for President!
The Biden for President team Assistant Editor (AE) position will join the Digital Video team in a post-production support role. The candidate will have strong post-production skills, data management experience, and participate as a collaborative creative member of the digital video team. This position will oversee the migration and merging of the video library in collaboration with the paid team. This role will be based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and will report to the Digital Producer.
- DIT / Media Management - The AE will organize, maintain and oversee the digital video team's media archive. Tasks include tagging footage, managing change over to new systems, file architecture building, maintaining and archiving purchased assets, and reorganizing the BFP photo library.
- Post-Production Support - The AE will support Digital Video team editors by making string-outs of videos and packaging them up for editors, sourcing news/found footage, captioning, recuts for social deliverables, and building out source documents.
- Rapid Response Clipping and Captioning - The AE will execute on clipping and captioning for social relevant news clips, livestream cut downs, and town hall type moments. The AE will take over most of these work products from editors and be on call to rapidly pull down relevant video clips and package up for social.
- Collaborative Video Team Member - All members of the video team are expected and encouraged to participate in the creative iteration of concepts, pitch ideas, and take the pen on creative briefs.
- Solid experience as an assistant editor for a wide variety of styles and formats.
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere.
- Experience with Photoshop and After Effects a plus.
- Ability to execute rapid response video clipping/captioning for social media.
- Ability to keep up with a fast-paced work environment and tight deadlines.
- Strong ability to communicate with video editors and establish a working relationship.
- Examples of past work are mandatory.
- Ability to work as part of a creative team.
Biden for President is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization, and vital to our success.