Senior Product Designer
Toronto, Ontario /
Drop is a rewards platform on a mission to inspire people to live their optimal lives by empowering them financially. Through our personalized platform, Drop intelligently surfaces the right brands, at the right time, to make members’ everyday better than it was before. Powered by machine learning, Drop matches consumers with over 500+ partner brands to satisfy two main goals: to earn points from their purchases and redeem them for instant rewards.
Headquartered in Toronto, with an office in New York, Drop is backed by world-class investors including NEA, HOF, Royal Bank of Canada, Sierra Ventures, and White Star Capital.
To learn more, visit: www.joindrop.com, or follow us at @joindrop on Instagram and Twitter.
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Design team who cares about building beautiful and usable experiences. As a Product Designer, you'll drive design decisions and ship features that impact millions of Drop members everyday. Our ideal candidate for this role is comfortable working in environments that are fast paced, and can operate with ambiguity — creating a clear path forward through great design.
What Kind of Challenges Will this person be working on?
- Work with Design and Product teams to spec and shape the direction of new products
- Work on improving existing core features across the Drop platform
- Create innovative solutions for new features
- Prototype and test ideas quickly and efficiently
- Deliver usable, pixel-perfect designs through to handoff
- Partner with engineers to consistently ship great experiences
- Contribute to maintaining web and mobile design systems
- Push the benchmark for quality and craft internally
- Validate and improve designs using analytics data and user research
What does this candidate bring to the table?
- 5+ years of professional experience in product design, preferably at a product company
- Experience building and scaling consumer products
- Strong design intuition, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written skills with an ability to synthesize complexity into compelling narratives
- Demonstrated success creating, launching, scaling, and maintaining beautiful digital products
- Experience collaborating with product managers, engineers, and other internal stakeholders from project kickoff to handoff
- You are customer obsessed, your care about understanding the needs of the people behind the product
- Ability to influence and speak for customer needs with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders
- Able to empathize with users and use data to inform product design decisions
- A portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding of product design process and visual design principles
- You're not afraid to challenge the status quo and push the boundaries of good design
- You thrive in fast-paced environments, and can operate with ambiguity
- You sweat the details, you understand what’s required to get designs from concept to pixel-perfect code
- A strong understanding of the latest design tools, e.g. Figma or Sketch
- Experience with building and maintaining design systems
Don't have Drop yet?
Check us out in the Google Play or App store
Follow the Link below and use Code: "Candidates" to get a 5k welcome bonus on us! Happy saving Friends!
At Drop, we're committed to providing an enjoyable and meaningful environment for every member of our team. We operate under a flat structure with minimal hierarchy where everyone’s opinion is valued equally. We are looking for team members with an entrepreneurial mindset who will thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Drop Technologies, Inc. is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.