Drop is a rewards company on a mission to level-up the way consumers shop. Drop builds a personalized rewards experience from over 500 partner brands. To date, Drop has 4 million users and has rewarded over $20 million to consumers.
Headquartered in Toronto, with an office in New York, Drop is backed by world-class investors including NEA, HOF, Royal Bank of Canada, Sierra Ventures, and White Star Capital.
Visit joindrop.com or follow the company at @joindrop on Twitter and Instagram.
- We are looking for an intermediate Backend Engineer to join our growing team. You’ll join our team of talented backend engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability, and continued development. You will help build the backend systems that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and strive for best practices.
What kinds of challenges will the Backend Engineer be working on at Drop?
- Implement robust monitoring systems to ensure users are efficiently earning points, discovering offers, linking cards, and more to sustain a healthy platform.
- Enable deeper exploration of spending patterns for offer optimization through the re-architecture of our datastores.
- Participate in redesigning our existing API to improve the scalability of our system
- Improve our Kubernetes clusters to enable easy zero downtime deployment of our various services for a culture of continuous deployment.
- Scale systems to ingest hundreds of gigabytes of transaction data streamed from financial institutions while efficiently calculating and distributing points.
- Categorize billions of transactions to enable offer personalization, user segmentation based on spending behaviour and point distribution.
- Participate in identifying, designing and testing Fraud detection and prevention solutions
- Participate in rotational duties such as bug fixing, production on call, etc
What you Bring to the table
- You have 3+ years of experience in software engineering
- You are comfortable working on different parts of the backend stack and applying architectural patterns.
- You have experience building in a production environment using modern web frameworks, service-oriented architectures, and scalable datastores.
- You write testable and maintainable code to produce quality systems using engineering best practices.
- You provide meaningful code reviews across technical domains.
- You have experience with relational databases and best practices.
- You are comfortable working on partially or ambiguously scoped projects.
- Relevant post-secondary education, traditional or non-traditional (degree, bootcamp, etc) or equivalent working experience.
- You’ve worked with Ruby/Rails, Postgres, Redis, Docker, or Kubernetes
- You have worked on scaling architecture and improving performance as the product grows
- You’ve built financial, loyalty, or rewards systems
- You’re passionate about building the next generation rewards product
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment; startup experience is not a strict requirement but a bonus. Drop welcomes people from all work backgrounds and recognizes the value of diversity
Bonus points if:
- Lifestyle Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts + drug, dental, travel, and group insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation + a work-anywhere-in-the-world program
- Parental leave benefits
- Stock options
Don't have Drop yet?
Check us out in the Google Play or App store
Follow the Link below and use Code: "Candidates" to get a 5k welcome bonus on us! Happy saving Friends!
At Drop, we're committed to providing an enjoyable and meaningful environment for every member of our team. We operate under a flat structure with minimal hierarchy where everyone’s opinion is valued equally. We are looking for team members with an entrepreneurial mindset who will thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Drop Technologies, Inc. is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.