Drop is a rewards platform on a mission to inspire people to live their optimal lives by empowering them financially. Through our personalized platform, Drop intelligently surfaces the right brands, at the right time, to make members’ everyday better than it was before. Powered by machine learning, Drop matches consumers with over 500+ partner brands to satisfy two main goals: to earn points from their purchases and redeem them for instant rewards.
Headquartered in Toronto, with an office in New York, Drop is backed by world-class investors including NEA, HOF, Royal Bank of Canada, Sierra Ventures, and White Star Capital.
To learn more, visit: www.joindrop.com, or follow us at @joindrop on Instagram and Twitter.
We are looking for a driven and dynamic accounting leader to join and help shape the rapidly growing finance function at Drop.
This is a highly visible role in the company, with ownership over the accounting and reporting functions. The individual will play a critical role in scaling our accounting operations to support business growth and serve as a finance partner to management. This opportunity is ideal for someone looking to deliver high-value work within a small and agile finance team, while seeing the impact of their work in real-time.
What kinds of challenges will you be working on at Drop?
- Have ownership over the entire accounting cycle, including cash management, treasury, accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Oversee the month-end close process including but not limited to general accruals, operational expenses, intercompany transactions, consolidations and the overall timeline and completeness
- Prepare timely financial statements (monthly, quarterly and annual), providing accurate insights and analyses of the business results
- Support the annual budgeting & operating planning processes
- Lead and oversee the annual financial audit
- Prepare and oversee sales and income tax filings, working alongside our external tax team
- Monitor, forecast and coordinate all cash management functions to manage the capital of the business
- Prepare and oversee payroll, including quarterly sales compensation matters (installing timely reporting and forecasting outcomes) in collaboration with HR
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly Board materials including a detailed overview of corporate performance and management commentary
- Advise on strategies to maintain and improve the financial health of the organization
- Lead and manage a small group of accountants
What you bring to the table:
- 6+ years of relevant professional financial accounting experience
- Completion of a professional accounting designation (ie. CPA)
- Previous public accounting firm experience, an asset
- Strong financial acumen, problem solving and analytical skills
- Process oriented and obsessive over details – you take pride in knowing all the details and ensuring accuracy
- Advanced working knowledge of accounting systems (ie. Xero), Microsoft Excel and GSuiteIn-depth understanding of Accounting Standards (IFRS, an asset)
- Experience in the loyalty/rewards industry or start-up environment, an asset
- Exceptional work ethic, team mentality, positive attitude, self-motivated, and excellent business partnering skills
- Passion for technology and genuine desire to make meaningful contributions on a team with big aspirations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Lifestyle Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts + drug, dental, travel, and group insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation + a work-anywhere-in-the-world program
- Parental leave benefits
- Stock options
- Work hard, play hard - various in-person/virtual events and socials throughout the year
Don't have Drop yet?
Check us out in the Google Play or App store
Follow the Link below and use Code: "Candidates" to get a 5k welcome bonus on us! Happy saving Friends!
At Drop, we're committed to providing an enjoyable and meaningful environment for every member of our team. We operate under a flat structure with minimal hierarchy where everyone’s opinion is valued equally. We are looking for team members with an entrepreneurial mindset who will thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Drop Technologies, Inc. is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.