Drop (joindrop.com), is a rewards company on a mission to level-up the way consumers shop. Drop builds a personalized rewards experience from over 300 partner brands. To date, Drop has over 3 million users and has rewarded over $19 million to consumers.
Headquartered in Toronto, with an office in New York, Drop is backed by world-class investors including NEA, HOF, Royal Bank of Canada, Sierra Ventures, and White Star Capital.
Visit joindrop.com or follow the company at @joindrop on Twitter and Instagram.
- We are looking for an experienced Frontend Engineer to join our growing team. As a Frontend Engineer at Drop, you’ll be a pioneering member of frontend infrastructure initiatives that are in their formulation stages (including our design system). You will also be responsible for design, development, delivery, and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications.
What kinds of challenges will the Frontend Engineer be working on at Drop?
- Produce highly interactive in-app experiences to educate and engage users.
- Partner with Marketing to create dynamic, web-based experiences to bring new users to Drop from various sources, including Snapchat, Facebook and Instagram
- Build with and contribute to our extensive Component library, which enables different teams to speak the same design language
- Develop with the bleeding edge of React Native to build games with gestural input and complex animations.
- Deliver customized experiences based on user personas to increase overall conversion.
- Create new features with an objective and scientific approach through A/B testing
- Utilize modern tooling, including Jest unit coverage, E2E screenshots and snapshots, and API Acceptance tests, all covered by continuous integration.
What you bring to the table.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering with a strong focus on product.
- You have experience building in a production environment using modern web frameworks, service-oriented architectures, and scalable data stores.
- You write testable and maintainable code to produce quality systems using engineering best practices.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment; startup experience is not a strict requirement but a bonus. Drop welcomes people from all work backgrounds and recognizes the value of diversity.
- You’re passionate about building the next generation loyalty product to make life more rewarding.
- You’ve worked with ES6, React Native, Redux, Redux Saga, TypeScript, or Functional Programming.
- You have experience scaling architecture and working on products with millions of users.
- You’ve built financial, loyalty, or rewards systems.
Bonus points if:
- Lifestyle Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts + drug, dental, travel, and group insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation + a work-anywhere-in-the-world program
- Monthly transportation stipend
- Parental leave benefits
- Team retreats
- Catered lunches and plenty of snacks
- Stock options
Don't have Drop yet?
Check us out in the Google Play or App store
Follow the Link below and use Code: "Candidates" to get a 5k welcome bonus on us! Happy saving Friends!
At Drop, we're committed to providing an enjoyable and meaningful environment for every member of our team. We operate under a flat structure with minimal hierarchy where everyone’s opinion is valued equally. We are looking for team members with an entrepreneurial mindset who will thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Drop Technologies, Inc. is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.