Sr. Communications Manager
Drop is a rewards app on a mission to make life more rewarding for everyone. We've grown to over 3 million members spanning the US and Canada. We've climbed the ranks of the App Store—topping #3 in Lifestyle.
We've raised $71m, and we're one of the fastest-growing consumer startups in Canada. By putting our members at the centre of everything we do, Drop is quickly reshaping the loyalty landscape.
The Drop Marketing and Growth Teams in Toronto are a creative group with ranging experience at companies like Shopify, Wayfair, Wealthsimple, Zynga, and Y Combinator-backed analytics company Canopy Labs. Together, we are defining the future of the rewards industry, and the perception of Drop.
- We're looking for a Sr. Communications Manager to join the Drop Marketing Team in Toronto. The role is an exciting opportunity to contribute to an early-stage company.
What kinds of challenges will the Sr. Communications Manager be working on at Drop?
- Define Drop’s copy guidelines and the tone of voice for its app, marketing, PR, and social
- Write copy for all our user communication with a focus on increasing engagement
- Lead cross-functional teams and ensure excellent creative output, while reporting into the Head of Growth, Marketing.
- Develop content strategies and ensure they are clear, compelling and adequately distributed across the web, mobile and social platforms
- Produce, write and direct high-quality content in collaboration with marketers, product managers, designers, agencies, and other drop colleagues
- Contribute creatively to the evolution of Drop’s products
What you bring to the table
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role, at a creative agency or an in-house team
- You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates originality, creativity and critical thinking through your work
- You show strong leadership skills and can organize, motivate and help improve the others around you
- You go beyond tactical tasks and come up with strategies that work across all media
- You have experience writing for different formats including web and social
- You are positive, collaborative and work well with others
- You have strong organizational skills
- You understand online consumer behaviour, and how to craft work that resonates
- Capable of articulating and presenting your ideas
- You hold a master's degree in public relations, journalism, or English
- Lifestyle Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts + drug, dental, travel, and group insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation + a work-anywhere-in-the-world program
- Monthly transportation stipend
- Parental leave benefits
- Team retreats
- Catered lunches and plenty of snacks
- Stock options
Don't have Drop yet?
Check us out in the Google Play or App store
Follow the Link below and use Code: "Candidates" to get a 5k welcome bonus on us! Happy saving Friends!
At Drop, we're committed to providing an enjoyable and meaningful environment for every member of our team. We operate under a flat structure with minimal hierarchy where everyone’s opinion is valued equally. We are looking for team members with an entrepreneurial mindset who will thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Drop Technologies, Inc. is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.