Drop is a rewards platform on a mission to inspire people to live their optimal lives by empowering them financially. Through our personalized platform, Drop intelligently surfaces the right brands, at the right time, to make members’ everyday better than it was before. Powered by machine learning, Drop matches consumers with over 500+ partner brands to satisfy two main goals: to earn points from their purchases and redeem them for instant rewards.
Headquartered in Toronto, with an office in New York, Drop is backed by world-class investors including NEA, HOF, Royal Bank of Canada, Sierra Ventures, and White Star Capital.
To learn more, visit: www.joindrop.com, or follow us at @joindrop on Instagram and Twitter.
- We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. This individual will be responsible for our developer platforms and productivity, automation, monitoring, instrumentation, and incident management.
What kinds of challenges will the DevOps Engineer be working on at Drop?
- Define strategies for managing our Kubernetes clusters with respect to security, namespace organization, and improved instrumentation.
- Define strategies for managing our AWS accounts with respect to tagging, cost optimization, security of IAM roles and policies, and networking.
- Create processes for teams and individuals to get access to system resources.
- Maintain continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines, which relies on Jenkins, Shipit
- Maintain controlled and defined access of resources and optimize associated costs on AWS
What you bring to the table.
- You have relevant post-secondary education or equivalent work experience. Startup experience is not a strict requirement but a bonus. Drop welcomes people from all work backgrounds and recognizes the value of diversity.
- You have experience working with cloud infrastructure. AWS, Terraform and Kubernetes experience is a bonus.
- You enjoy improving technical tooling, automation and processes that make it easier and more efficient for engineering teams to ship quality software. Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI or Drone, or deployment tools such as Shipit is a bonus.
- You get excited about collecting metrics, logging and monitoring for just about everything, then making it easier for others to use these tools. You also have on-call experience for when one of these metrics tells us something went wrong.
- You are comfortable scripting in a language such as Python, Ruby or Bash.
- You have experience with the security, performance, replication, configuration and upgrade process of a relational database such as Postgres.
- You’ve worked with Ruby/Rails, React Native, or message queues such as Sidekiq or Kafka.
- You’re experienced with microservices and RESTful API standards.
- You’re passionate about building the next generation rewards product.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Bonus points if :
- Lifestyle Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts + drug, dental, travel, and group insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation + a work-anywhere-in-the-world program
- Parental leave benefits
- Stock options
Don't have Drop yet?
Check us out in the Google Play or App store
Follow the Link below and use Code: "Candidates" to get a 5k welcome bonus on us! Happy saving Friends!
At Drop, we're committed to providing an enjoyable and meaningful environment for every member of our team. We operate under a flat structure with minimal hierarchy where everyone’s opinion is valued equally. We are looking for team members with an entrepreneurial mindset who will thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Drop Technologies, Inc. is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.