Senior Data Analyst, Business
Toronto, Ontario /
Data & Machine Learning /
Drop is a rewards platform on a mission to inspire people to live their optimal lives by empowering them financially. Through our personalized platform, Drop intelligently surfaces the right brands, at the right time, to make members’ everyday better than it was before. Powered by machine learning, Drop matches consumers with over 500+ partner brands to satisfy two main goals: to earn points from their purchases and redeem them for instant rewards.
Headquartered in Toronto, with an office in New York, Drop is backed by world-class investors including NEA, HOF, Royal Bank of Canada, Sierra Ventures, and White Star Capital.
To learn more, visit: www.joindrop.com, or follow us at @joindrop on Instagram and Twitter.
Data Science at Drop
The Data Science - Decisions team is core to the decision-making process at Drop. As a member of the team, you will help us navigate through undiscovered business and product opportunities as we continue to grow. You won't be working alone — you will have the opportunity to collaborate with the Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Partnerships teams. As a member of the Data Science team, you will collaborate with Data Engineers and other Data Scientists, and your work will have a direct impact on Drop's growth trajectory and future success.
You can learn more about our Data & Engineering team's work by visiting Drop’s Engineering Blog.
As a Senior Data Analyst, Business you will
- Partner closely with leaders on the Data Science, Data Infrastructure, Partnerships, Consumer Insights, and Client Success teams to support our suite of transaction and survey data offerings
- Define and implement best practices to increase productivity across the team and company
- Leverage data warehousing, high-level programming languages, or advanced analytical methodologies to tackle ambiguous problems
- Lead collaboration with internal and external stakeholders by brainstorming solutions, conduct deep dives, and drive results that target key strategic initiatives
- Act as a business partner leveraging your strong understanding of our industry, company vision, data, and tech stack to advance our data product roadmap and expand our product suite
- Lead external client meetings as a technical counterpart to the Data Partnerships and Consumer Insights teams
What you bring to the table
- 5+ years of industry experience working in a quantitative role at a product company or a research organization
- You are able to write complex, efficient, and eloquent SQL queries to extract data
- You have a strong ability to translate high level business needs into analytical frameworks, transforming data into actionable product and business insights
- You have a strong analytical understanding and can identify when certain statistical principles can be applied to solve business problems (ie. regression, clustering, classification, normalization, etc.)
- You have a capacity to mentor junior colleagues and possess a growth mindset needed to build a successful team
- You have the ability to lead cross-functional collaboration and are comfortable with undefined and vague business problems
- You have highly effective written and verbal communication skills and are able to discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment; startup experience is not a strict requirement but a bonus. Drop welcomes people from all backgrounds and recognizes the value of diversity
- Relevant post-secondary education, traditional or non-traditional (degree, bootcamp, etc) or equivalent working experience
Bonus points if
- You’ve worked in Redshift, Postgres, Athena, or Snowflake
- You have experience with scripting languages such as Python or R
- You’ve worked with Looker or Tableau
- You have experience working directly with clients
- You have experience with financial, loyalty, or rewards systems
- You’re passionate about financial markets and fintech
- Lifestyle Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts + drug, dental, travel, and group insurance coverage
- Unlimited time off
- Parental leave benefits
- Stock options
Don't have Drop yet?
Check us out in the Google Play or App store
Follow the Link below and use Code: "Candidates" to get a 5k welcome bonus on us! Happy saving Friends!
At Drop, we're committed to providing an enjoyable and meaningful environment for every member of our team. We operate under a flat structure with minimal hierarchy where everyone’s opinion is valued equally. We are looking for team members with an entrepreneurial mindset who will thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Drop Technologies, Inc. is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.