Customer Support Associate
Toronto, Ontario /
Customer Support /
Drop is a rewards company on a mission to level-up the way consumers shop. Drop builds a personalized rewards experience from over 300 partner brands. To date, Drop has over 3 million users and has rewarded over $20 million to consumers.
Headquartered in Toronto, with an office in New York, Drop is backed by world-class investors including NEA, HOF, Royal Bank of Canada, Sierra Ventures, and White Star Capital.
Visit joindrop.com or follow the company at @joindrop on Twitter and Instagram.
Customer Support at Drop:
We're looking for a Customer Support Associate to join our rapidly growing team. As the first point of contact for our member base, you will be a subject matter expert of the app and the “the voice” of Drop.
We are looking for an excellent communicator (especially written) with the ability to de-escalate emotionally charged situations with grace. The ideal candidate will be a natural learner with critical thinking skills to quickly identify problems and solutions, show empathy, technically-minded, and unflappable. Experience working on social media channels (such as Twitter and Facebook) is also a must have. To succeed in this role, you must be adaptive and able to work in a fast-paced, highly interactive, and innovative environments.
What kinds of challenges will the Customer Support Associate be working on at Drop ?
- Contribute to championing customer support and client retention
- Become the subject matter expert for Drop, providing insights as an advocate of our valued members to respective departments
- Provide recommendations on eliminating problematic trends
- From time to time, be the voice of Drop on social media channels (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, and etc.)
- From time to time, liaise with other department functions, such as marketing, product management, and engineering
- Work closely with the Customer Support team to provide insights and updates on projects and/or tickets
- Update/maintain technical guides and reports of major incidents
- Must be open to the possibility of working weekends from time to time (based on demand) This can be done from home.
What you bring to the table
- University/College degree, or equivalent; extra points for a focus on social media or similar subject.
- 1-2 years experience working in customer service or retail
- Exceptional oral and written communication skill
- Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations
- A keen focus on metrics and quantifiable outcomes
- A passion for customer service a.k.a. the “make people happy” gene
- Experience in the loyalty/rewards/financial services industries
- Social Media Management/Marketing skills
- Copywriting experience/skills
- Customer support experience with mobile apps
- A passion for technology and mobile products
- Experience with Zendesk
It'd be awesome if you had:
- Lifestyle Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts + drug, dental, travel, and group insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation + a work-anywhere-in-the-world program
- Parental leave benefits
- Team retreats
- Stock options
Don't have Drop yet?
Check us out in the Google Play or App store
Follow the Link below and use Code: "Candidates" to get a 5k welcome bonus on us! Happy saving Friends!
At Drop, we're committed to providing an enjoyable and meaningful environment for every member of our team. We operate under a flat structure with minimal hierarchy where everyone’s opinion is valued equally. We are looking for team members with an entrepreneurial mindset who will thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Drop Technologies, Inc. is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.