Engineering Manager, Production Engineering
Toronto, Ontario /
Drop is a rewards platform on a mission to inspire people to live their optimal lives by empowering them financially. Through our personalized platform, Drop intelligently surfaces the right brands, at the right time, to make members’ everyday better than it was before. Powered by machine learning, Drop matches consumers with over 500+ partner brands to satisfy two main goals: to earn points from their purchases and redeem them for instant rewards.
Headquartered in Toronto, with an office in New York, Drop is backed by world-class investors including NEA, HOF, Royal Bank of Canada, Sierra Ventures, and White Star Capital.
To learn more, visit: www.joindrop.com, or follow us at @joindrop on Instagram and Twitter.
Production Engineering at Drop
Engineering is at the very core of how Drop's business works. We are responsible for continuously processing hundreds of millions of financial transactions while delivering an engaging experience for users. Our product challenges span across both the consumer space (B2C) and the retailer space (B2B). As an Engineering team, we value code quality, testability, scalable engineering design, and continuous process improvement.
Our approach to development and collaboration welcomes engineers who are full stack and/or specialize in a particular domain (frontend, backend, data, etc). We operate at all levels of the stack: building mobile-first apps with technologies like React Native to deliver an elegant and responsive UX, scaling highly parallelized APIs and banking integrations to get a 360-degree view of user spending habits and share of wallet, developing data infrastructure to deliver insights and enable the business to efficiently drive impact, and more.
The Production Engineering team at Drop is responsible for the infrastructure and core services used by other engineering teams to build and improve our products. Examples include:
- Application Infrastructure: Transaction Syncing Service, Merchant Mapping Service, Fraud Detection and Prevention, Audience Targeting.
- DevOps: Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD, Development Environment, Instrumentation and Monitoring.
The team leverages modern technologies such as Ruby/Rails, Kafka, Debezium, Postgres, Kubernetes, Terraform, and works hand in hand with product engineering teams, data engineers, and data scientists.
You can learn more about our Engineering team's work by visiting Drop’s Engineering Blog.
As the Engineering Manager, Production Engineering you will
- Work with and support a team of talented engineers to design, build and scale the infrastructure and services used by other engineering teams to develop and ship Drop’s products.
- Implement processes and tools to help your team work effectively among themselves, and with other teams at Drop.
- Shape your team’s roadmap, identifying opportunities to improve developer productivity.
- Grow your team by hiring and coaching engineers.
- Participate in strategic technical discussions, and be comfortable playing tie-breaker when needed.
- Spend some of your time making hands-on technical contributions.
- Identify and run initiatives that impact the entire engineering organization as part of Drop’s engineering management team.
What you bring to the table
- You have at least 2 years of experience as an Engineering Manager.
- You enjoy improving processes and tools that enable your team to do their best work.
- You have an extreme sense of ownership over your and your team’s work, and you try to promote this mindset within your team.
- You foster a team environment that’s supportive and challenging.
- You take pride in your ability to help engineers grow in their roles.
- You have a strong product mindset and you apply it when designing and developing technical products.
- You enjoy cross-functional collaboration to drive initiatives that will impact the developer experience for all engineers at Drop.
Bonus points if
- You’ve managed a team of engineers responsible for the core infrastructure and services used by other engineers.
- You’ve worked with Ruby/Rails, Kafka, Debezium, Postgres, Kubernetes, or Terraform.
- You’ve built financial, loyalty, or rewards systems.
- You’re passionate about building the next generation rewards product.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment; startup experience is not a strict requirement but a bonus. Drop welcomes people from all work backgrounds and recognizes the value of diversity.
- Lifestyle Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts + drug, dental, travel, and group insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation + a work-anywhere-in-the-world program
- Parental leave benefits
- Stock options
Don't have Drop yet?
Check us out in the Google Play or App store
Follow the Link below and use Code: "Candidates" to get a 5k welcome bonus on us! Happy saving Friends!
At Drop, we're committed to providing an enjoyable and meaningful environment for every member of our team. We operate under a flat structure with minimal hierarchy where everyone’s opinion is valued equally. We are looking for team members with an entrepreneurial mindset who will thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Drop Technologies, Inc. is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.