Drop is a rewards company on a mission to level-up the way consumers shop. Drop builds a personalized rewards experience from over 500 partner brands. To date, Drop has 4 million users and has rewarded over $20 million to consumers.
Headquartered in Toronto, with an office in New York, Drop is backed by world-class investors including NEA, HOF, Royal Bank of Canada, Sierra Ventures, and White Star Capital.
Visit joindrop.com or follow the company at @joindrop on Twitter and Instagram.
Communications Special at Drop
Drop is looking for a Communications Specialist who will work closely with the Partner Marketing team to develop and execute current partner marketing campaigns across email, push notifications, and in-app placements. They will be responsible for tracking and analyzing key marketing communications metrics on a weekly basis to monitor trends, find areas for improvement, and track progress to targets. They will also be counted on to provide process improvements for increased efficiency and ease of execution. This role reports to the Partner Marketing Manager.
What kinds of challenges will the Communications Specialist be working on at Drop?
- Own end-to-end email marketing process for all partner campaigns building the right audience, editing HTML code for emails, and testing and scheduling communications in our ESP
- Review and test communications with close attention to detail to ensure consistency, quality, and accuracy
- Manage partner communications internally, working with the Design, Business Development, and Marketing teams to co-ordinate production of email design, subject lines and copy to create compelling comms based on seasonal trend considerations, business objectives, and relevant consumer moments
- Track and analyze email and push notification metrics on a weekly basis to monitor trends, find areas for improvement, and track progress to targets
- Analyze historical data to create hypotheses and execute A/B tests to improve both email and push notification metrics. Develop and execute test plans for key channel components such as subject lines, timing, creative, segmentation, frequency, and more to improve open rate, deliverability, click rate, opt-out rate, conversion rate
- Establish email marketing strategies using industry best practices and trends; staying up to date on current landscape
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or a related field
- 1+ years experience in a marketing, account management, or communications role within a retail or high-tech organization - a combination of an internship is acceptable
- Experience with campaign briefs and email execution
- Strong written and verbal skills; ability to build cross-channel relationships and influence key business partners with a respectful, can-do attitude
- Understanding of design, copy, and email/push notification best practices; HTML coding preferred
- Hands on experience working with ESP and ability to pull, analyze and summarize data using analytical tools
- Excel at juggling multiple projects, staying organized and prioritizing deadlines
- Strong attention to detail with accuracy and consistency
- Quick learner and tech savvy. Comfortable learning new technology quickly
- Experience with the following SaaS products: Looker, Quip, LeanPlum, Trello
- Tapped into email marketing trends, best practices and technologies
- Proven ability to leverage data to identify insights, design experiments, set goals, track performance, and report on results
- Creative problem-solver with demonstrated ability to overcome challenges in a resource-constrained, start-up environment
- A natural team player, with a strong track record of cross-functional leadership and collaboration
Bonus points if
- Lifestyle Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts + drug, dental, travel, and group insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation + a work-anywhere-in-the-world program
- Parental leave benefits
- Stock options
Don't have Drop yet?
Check us out in the Google Play or App store
Follow the Link below and use Code: "Candidates" to get a 5k welcome bonus on us! Happy saving Friends!
At Drop, we're committed to providing an enjoyable and meaningful environment for every member of our team. We operate under a flat structure with minimal hierarchy where everyone’s opinion is valued equally. We are looking for team members with an entrepreneurial mindset who will thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Drop Technologies, Inc. is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.