Data Analyst, Business
Toronto, Ontario /
Data & Machine Learning /
Drop is a rewards platform on a mission to inspire people to live their optimal lives by empowering them financially. Through our personalized platform, Drop intelligently surfaces the right brands, at the right time, to make members’ everyday better than it was before. Powered by machine learning, Drop matches consumers with over 500+ partner brands to satisfy two main goals: to earn points from their purchases and redeem them for instant rewards.
Headquartered in Toronto, with an office in New York, Drop is backed by world-class investors including NEA, HOF, Royal Bank of Canada, Sierra Ventures, and White Star Capital.
To learn more, visit: www.joindrop.com, or follow us at @joindrop on Instagram and Twitter.
Data Science at Drop
The Data Science - Decisions team is core to the decision-making process at Drop. As a member of the team, you will help us navigate through undiscovered business and product opportunities as we continue to grow. You won't be working alone — you will have the opportunity to collaborate with the Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Partnerships teams. As a member of the Data Science team, you will collaborate with Data Engineers and other Data Scientists, and your work will have a direct impact on Drop's growth trajectory and future success.
You can learn more about our Data & Engineering team's work by visiting Drop’s Engineering Blog.
As a Data Analyst, Business you will
- Work closely with the Data Partnerships, Consumer Insights, Infrastructure and Client Success teams to support our suite of transaction and survey data offerings
- Shape business decisions for clients by conducting deep dives to drive growth, results, and engagement
- Develop dashboards and automated reports via business intelligence tools to gather and present insights, and enable other teams to explore data sets to help answer questions
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to brainstorm solutions that drive key strategic initiatives
- Act as a business partner leveraging your strong understanding of our data to further develop our data product offering and expand our product suite
- Engage with potential clients as a technical counterpart to the Data Partnerships and Consumer Insights teams
What you bring to the table
- You have at least 1 year of industry experience in data science or analytics
- BA/BS or graduate degree in business, data science, mathematics, statistics, or any other relevant field
- You have experience working with SQL to develop complex queries combining multiple datasets
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills; you are able to transform data into actionable product and business insights
- You have strong communication skills, with the ability to gather requirements from clients, translate them into an analytic problem and share results using our data products in a clear and concise manner
- You have experience collaborating with various stakeholders to align on project requirements and outcomes
- You have experience querying and transforming structured, and semi-structured data sets
- You have the ability to learn new technical systems efficiently and have a desire to continuously improve your technical skills
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment; startup experience is not a strict requirement but a bonus. Drop welcomes people from all backgrounds and recognizes the value of diversity
- You are passionate about building the next generation of proprietary alternative data products
Bonus points if
- You’ve worked in Redshift, Postgres, Athena, or Snowflake
- You have experience with scripting languages such as Python or R
- You’ve worked with Looker or Tableau
- You have experience working directly with clients
- You have experience with financial, loyalty, or rewards systems
- You’re passionate about financial markets and fintech
- Lifestyle Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts + drug, dental, travel, and group insurance coverage
- Unlimited time off
- Parental leave benefits
- Stock options
Don't have Drop yet?
Check us out in the Google Play or App store
Follow the Link below and use Code: "Candidates" to get a 5k welcome bonus on us! Happy saving Friends!
At Drop, we're committed to providing an enjoyable and meaningful environment for every member of our team. We operate under a flat structure with minimal hierarchy where everyone’s opinion is valued equally. We are looking for team members with an entrepreneurial mindset who will thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Drop Technologies, Inc. is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.