Accounting Manager (Maternity Leave Contract)
Toronto, Ontario /
We’re looking for an energetic Finance professional to join and help shape the rapidly growing finance function at Drop -- The Finance team is equally balanced between strategy and operations. Working directly with the CFO, you will be given the opportunity to go beyond the day-to-day accounting and take a more analytical approach to the business. In addition, you will oversee a high-performing team of Junior Accountants and will be instrumental in helping scale Drop’s financial processes.
This is an ideal position for a driven Financial professional with a solid accounting foundation who is currently seeking opportunities to gain valuable exposure into managing financial and operational performance. This role will provide the opportunity to grow your skills and career at a rapid pace quickly.
What Kind of Challenges Will this person be working on?
- Month-End: Lead and scale a robust full-cycle accounting process to maintain accuracy in the general ledger, including overseeing all accounting functions (i.e. AR, AP, treasury) and ensuring the smooth execution of the month-end closing process.
- Reporting: Provides timely and accurate reporting packages to various internal and external stakeholders.
- Analysis: Analyzes ledger accounts to investigate discrepancies and provide valuable insights to senior leadership.
- Tax: Oversees statutory filings, agency inquiries, and tax engagements.
- Payroll: Reviews payroll and supports related employment matters (additionally approves expense reimbursement reports).
- Treasury: Monitors cash balances to make decisions on cash needs, including FX trades and hedging.
- Audit: Assists in preparing external financial audits and coordinating with external auditors.
What does this candidate bring to the table?
- 4-6 years of progressive experience in finance or accounting roles.
- Completed CPA designation, with at least 2 years of experience post-designation.
- Solid understanding of financial reporting processes and current accounting standards
- A quick and constant learner, setting a high standard for yourself and excels in a fast-changing environment.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent professional communication skills and enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Understands that details matter and has strong problem-solving abilities.
Bonus Points If
- Big 4 or start-up experience
- Implemented IFRS standards
Don't have Drop yet?
Check us out in the Google Play or App store
Follow the Link below and use Code: "Candidates" to get a 5k welcome bonus on us! Happy saving Friends!
At Drop, we're committed to providing an enjoyable and meaningful environment for every member of our team. We operate under a flat structure with minimal hierarchy where everyone’s opinion is valued equally. We are looking for team members with an entrepreneurial mindset who will thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Drop Technologies, Inc. is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.