Toronto, Ontario /
Drop is a rewards platform on a mission to inspire people to live their optimal lives by empowering them financially. Through our personalized platform, Drop intelligently surfaces the right brands, at the right time, to make members’ everyday better than it was before. Powered by machine learning, Drop matches consumers with over 500+ partner brands to satisfy two main goals: to earn points from their purchases and redeem them for instant rewards.
Headquartered in Toronto, with an office in New York, Drop is backed by world-class investors including NEA, HOF, Royal Bank of Canada, Sierra Ventures, and White Star Capital.
To learn more, visit: www.joindrop.com, or follow us at @joindrop on Instagram and Twitter.
We’re looking for an energetic, upcoming finance professional to help shape the rapidly growing finance function at Drop -- The Finance team is equally balanced between strategy and operations. Working across the Finance team, you will be given the opportunity to take an analytical approach in helping to manage the business. You will identify gaps, build, develop, and manage reporting to help the Finance team operate strategically and support the team. In addition, you will support Drop’s explosive growth and will be instrumental in helping build the foundations of Drop’s future financial processes.
This is an ideal position for a driven Finance professional with a solid accounting foundation, who is currently seeking opportunities to further build upon their experience and knowledge by gaining valuable exposure to a rapidly growing technology company. This role will provide the opportunity to quickly grow your skills and career.
What kinds of challenges will the Accountant be working on at Drop?
- Bookkeeping - daily maintenance of the full cycle accounting process, including but not limited to processing accounts payable, accounts receivable, coding bank/ credit card transactions and posting journal entries, preparing balance sheet reconciliations.
- Accounts Receivable - generating invoicing, monitoring the aged accounts receivable balances, posting payments and following up with the customers for the payment.
- Accounts payable - ensuring all invoices are received and recorded in a timely manner, coding appropriate payment methods, assisting in the payment process, providing recommendations and improvements.
- Month-end - account reconciliation, posting entries, ensuring correct coding & closing month-end in a timely manner based on management guidelines.
- Payroll - assisting with preparing payroll records and expenses, among other items as assigned
- Process Improvement - working closely with the finance team to help build and manage internal controls, new business processes and assisting in system migration.
- Tax filing - assistance in preparing the regulatory tax files, assisting with annual audit, assurance and tax engagements.
- Ad-hoc - operational analysis and other special projects
What you bring to the table.
- 1+ years of proven experience in finance or accounting roles
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in commerce/accounting/business administration
- Strong analytical and financial background with proficiency in Excel
- A quick and constant learner, setting a standard for yourself, ability to adapt and learn new software systems/tools
- Excellent professional communication skills and enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment
- Able to understand that details matter and have strong problem-solving abilities
- Experience in a start-up company and knowledge of Xero is ideal (but not required)
- Lifestyle Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts + drug, dental, travel, and group insurance coverage
- Unlimited time off
- Parental leave benefits
- Stock options
Don't have Drop yet?
Check us out in the Google Play or App store
Follow the Link below and use Code: "Candidates" to get a 5k welcome bonus on us! Happy saving Friends!
At Drop, we're committed to providing an enjoyable and meaningful environment for every member of our team. We operate under a flat structure with minimal hierarchy where everyone’s opinion is valued equally. We are looking for team members with an entrepreneurial mindset who will thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Drop Technologies, Inc. is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.