Toronto, Ontario /
Drop is a rewards platform on a mission to inspire people to live their optimal lives by empowering them financially. Through our personalized platform, Drop intelligently surfaces the right brands, at the right time, to make members’ everyday better than it was before. Powered by machine learning, Drop matches consumers with over 500+ partner brands to satisfy two main goals: to earn points from their purchases and redeem them for instant rewards.
Headquartered in Toronto, with an office in New York, Drop is backed by world-class investors including NEA, HOF, Royal Bank of Canada, Sierra Ventures, and White Star Capital.
To learn more, visit: www.joindrop.com, or follow us at @joindrop on Instagram and Twitter.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. This individual will be responsible for our developer platforms and productivity, automation, monitoring, instrumentation, and incident management.
You can learn more about our Engineering team's work by visiting Drop’s Engineering Blog.
What kind of challenges will the DevOps Engineer be working on at Drop?
- Define strategies for managing our Kubernetes clusters with respect to security, namespace organization, and improved instrumentation
- Define strategies for managing our AWS accounts with respect to tagging, cost optimization, security of IAM roles and policies, and networking
- Define and implement best practices to drive high-availability and fast performance for core infrastructure such as caching, AWS optimizations, etc
- Create processes for teams and individuals to access system resources
- Maintain continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Manage Drop’s build and deploy infrastructure, which relies on Jenkins, Shipit, Drone, and GitHub actions
- Help create guidelines regarding how to respond to production incidents
What you bring to the table
- 3-5 years experience in ops, development, or similar role that gives you real-world experience with dev-ops, automation, monitoring, and alerting
- Strong knowledge in working with cloud providers, AWS preferred
- Extensive experience with infrastructure as code tools, Terraform preferred
- Strong knowledge of implementing security practices
- Strong knowledge of working with Docker & Kubernetes clusters
- Strong knowledge of deployment pipelines CI/CD
- Strong relational database knowledge, ideally with PostgreSQL
- Strong knowledge of on-call processes
- Strong knowledge in writing Bash/Python/YAML/SQL scripts
- Experience with the security, performance, replication, configuration and upgrade process of a relational database such as Postgres
Bonus Points If
- You’ve worked with Ruby/Rails, React Native, or message queues such as Sidekiq or Kafka
- You’re experienced with microservices and RESTful API standards
- You’re passionate about building the next generation rewards product
- Experience using non-relational DBs (MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis)
- Experience in multi-region environments
- Lifestyle Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts + drug, dental, travel, and group insurance coverage
- Unlimited time off
- Parental leave benefits
- Stock options
Don't have Drop yet?
Check us out in the Google Play or App store
Follow the Link below and use Code: "Candidates" to get a 5k welcome bonus on us! Happy saving Friends!
At Drop, we're committed to providing an enjoyable and meaningful environment for every member of our team. We operate under a flat structure with minimal hierarchy where everyone’s opinion is valued equally. We are looking for team members with an entrepreneurial mindset who will thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Drop Technologies, Inc. is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.