Drop (joindrop.com), is a rewards company on a mission to level-up the way consumers shop. Drop builds a personalized rewards experience from over 300 partner brands. To date, Drop has over 3 million users and has rewarded over $19 million to consumers.
Headquartered in Toronto, with an office in New York, Drop is backed by world-class investors including NEA, HOF, Royal Bank of Canada, Sierra Ventures, and White Star Capital.
Visit joindrop.com or follow the company at @joindrop on Twitter and Instagram.
- We’re looking for an energetic, upcoming finance professional to help shape the rapidly growing finance function at Drop -- The Finance team is equally balanced between strategy and operations. Working in a small and agile finance team, you will be given the opportunity to participate and be exposed to every aspect of the Company, as it relates to operations and financial management.
- You will administer, manage, and assist in the identification and development of key Finance processes, and help the Finance team operate strategically and support the organization. In addition, you will support Drop’s explosive growth and will be instrumental in the day-to-day operations.
- This is an ideal position for a driven individual with a solid accounting foundation, who is currently seeking opportunities to further build upon their experience and knowledge by gaining valuable exposure to a rapidly growing technology company. This role will provide the opportunity to quickly grow your skills and career.
What kinds of challenges will the Accountant be working on at Drop?
- Daily maintenance of full cycle accounting process, including but not limited to, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, processing accounts payable, accounts receivable, coding transactions, and posting journal entries
- Involvement in revenue activities such as generating real-time sales reports for management, preparing performance reports for customers, invoicing, and monitoring the aged AR balances
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements, financial metric dashboards, and variance analysis for management / key stakeholders
- Working directly with the People Ops teams to assist with payroll, reviewing expense reports, and assisting with other HR/recruiting initiatives
- Working closely with the Finance team to help build and manage internal controls and business process improvements
- High level of collaboration with teams across the organization, as well as our external customer base
- Assistance in supporting regulatory tax filings and assisting external advisors with assurance and tax engagements
- Supporting day-to-day operational analysis and other special projects
What you bring to the table
- 1+ years of proven experience in finance or accounting roles
- Bachelor’s Degree in commerce or business administration
- Enrolled in a program to complete CPA designation
- Strong analytical and financial background with proficiency in Excel
- Understanding of financial reporting and accounting standards (ie. IFRS)A quick and constant learner, setting a standard for yourself, ability to adapt and learn new software systems/tools
- Excellent professional communication skills and enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment
- Able to understand that details matter and have strong problem-solving abilities
- Experience in a start-up company/environment.
- you have been exposed to or have experience in the following tools:
- Xero (QuickBooks Online is also relevant)
- Payroll systems -(Wagepoint, Gusto)
- ReReceipt Bank
It'd be awesome if you had:
- Lifestyle Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts + drug, dental, travel, and group insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation + a work-anywhere-in-the-world program
- Monthly transportation stipend
- Parental leave benefits
- Team retreats
- Catered lunches and plenty of snacks
- Stock options
Don't have Drop yet?
Check us out in the Google Play or App store
Follow the Link below and use Code: "Candidates" to get a 5k welcome bonus on us! Happy saving Friends!
At Drop, we're committed to providing an enjoyable and meaningful environment for every member of our team. We operate under a flat structure with minimal hierarchy where everyone’s opinion is valued equally. We are looking for team members with an entrepreneurial mindset who will thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Drop Technologies, Inc. is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.