Talent Manager, Bangalore
EF Team – Bangalore
About Entrepreneur First
Entrepreneur First was founded in 2011 by Alice Bentinck and Matt Clifford with the aim of enabling the world’s most ambitious people to build the most important companies, and that is still true today. We are the world’s leading talent investor - we invest time and money in outstanding individuals, helping them find a co-founder, develop an idea, and start a technology company from scratch. Across our programmes in Europe and Asia, to date we have helped over 2000 individuals build more than 230 companies, with a total valuation of $1.5 billion. EF’s companies have been funded by many of the leading venture investors in Europe, Asia and Silicon Valley. Our major exits to date include Magic Pony Technology which was acquired by Twitter for a reported $150m only 18 months after the Founders met on the EF programme.
EF now faces the biggest and most exciting challenge in its history: scaling to become a globally important institution. To be accessible and attractive to the world’s most ambitious people, we have launched EF in Bangalore, already with our the third cohort well underway. Our Talent Manager will be part of the India management team; creating EF culture, and work across the spectrum of functions at the company.
There are two main aspects to this Talent Manager role:
Identifying and accessing high potential founders
Talent is our number one operating priority and as Talent Manager, you will deliver the EF process of helping build startups from scratch by identifying and sourcing top talent for the EF programme in Bangalore. You have to make sure that the world’s best potential founders want to join EF.
Your team’s primary responsibility is to design, drive and manage EF’s Talent strategy in Bangalore going forward. This means you will be shaping and innovating the ways and processes in which we engage smart, talented individuals with strong founder potential, and encourage them to join us and start companies. You need to define what good founders look like, find ways to identify them and build bridges to connect with them. You will be collaborating with the APAC team in Singapore to constantly iterate the process and build an efficient system in place.
Building a EF as a formidable brand in India. We want to be thought leaders in this space and you will be owning this process in India and work in tandem with our marketing team in London. You will develop and design content that establishes EF as a thought leader in the startup ecosystem.
This role includes but is not limited to:
* Developing a marketing strategy for EF in India - social media, events, campaigns etc
* Strengthen ties with our existing partners and build new ones
* Develop our network with startup bodies, tech forums and institutions, etc
* Managing a 'pipeline' of ambitious, exceptional individuals who can potentially build the next billion-dollar startup in the country
* Developing a sales/business development strategy for attracting the best individuals in the country to the EF program
* You have a highly credible background with 6-8+ years of experience in Business Development, Sales, Customer Success, Relationship Management, Campus / University Relations or other sales roles
* You excel in a fast paced, high growth environment
* You’ve had exposure to running a team, mentoring people and know what it takes to build a high performance organisation.
* You have strong communication and presentation skills, plus excellent organisational ability / process excellence
* You're comfortable working in cross geography and functional teams with multiple stakeholders.
* You have the ability to manage and build peer-like relationships with stakeholders at the highest level, including investors, government officials, academics and university staff
* You have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas. Bonus points if you've led sales teams in startups!
You will also get to:
Surround yourself with the world’s smartest and most exceptional individuals and have the opportunity to work in an institution that is changing the way the most ambitious people think about their careers. Supercharge your learning - you’ll have a very steep learning curve and work alongside a talented, ambitious, and committed team. Embed yourself within the EF network - we work with the best founders and investors in the region. Work in a diverse, distributed, global team and learn best practices from teams around the world
Reporting: You will report to Esha Tiwary, GM for EF India
Location and Start Date: You’ll be based at our Bangalore office in HSR Layout and would start as soon as possible (March 2020).
EF champions diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment in which a variety of backgrounds thrive. We do not tolerate discrimination of any nature including but not limited to discriminating on the basis of race, colour, religion, culture, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual preference, age, disability, or marital status.