Talent & Fundraising Analyst (Intern), Paris
EF Team – Paris
About Entrepreneur First
Entrepreneur First is the world's leading talent investor.
We invest in the world’s most ambitious technologists to help them build world-class deep tech startups from scratch. Since 2011, we’ve created over 260+ startups worth over $1.6 billion including Tractable, OpenCosmos, CloudNC and Cleo. Our major exits to date include Magic Pony Technology, which was acquired by Twitter for $150m. EF is backed by Reid Hoffman (founder of LinkedIn) and Greylock Partners, Mosaic Ventures, Founders Fund, Lakestar and some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
It once seemed impossible to build companies from scratch. Since 2011, we've built a robust, scalable way to do this. Our method creates some of the most valuable startups produced in Europe and Asia. EF has a unique opportunity to develop the secret to building billion dollar companies from scratch. No other organisation has access to this.
As an intern in the Talent & Funding teams, you will be helping us attract and convince the world’s best technical individuals to build deep tech startups and contribute to their fundraising strategy. Your main missions will be set around:
- Engagement and conversion: You will be given a selection of the highest-potential individuals to build relationships with. You will be meeting people who EF wants to talk to and it will be your mission to get them intrigued to meet and find out more. In line with our data-driven approach to talent acquisition, you will also be asked to monitor our dashboards and metrics and pay close attention to our KPIs.
- Community and partnerships with key stakeholders: At the heart of EF’s long term defensibility is our ability to attract the best talent. Building long term strategic relationships with key talent feeder organisations (e.g., schools, universities, research centers, student associations, French Tech ecosystem) through partnerships or networking is key. Your internship will also be a great opportunity to interact with the broader tech and venture capital community in Paris as we increasingly extend our reach.
- Demo Day and Investor Month organization: Once we have invested in deeptech companies, we need to make sure that our companies are up and ready for Demo Day, where they pitch in front of 500 of the best european investors . You will be contributing to their preparation for this big event (helping on their pitch and fundraising deck) and will make sure that every relevant VC and Business Angel is invited to meet our teams during office hours.
- Events management and operations: EF runs a lot of events with EF speakers and external deep tech stakeholders, and you will be responsible for everything from finding speakers to ensuring the evening runs smoothly. This will include liaising with speakers and venues, and taking responsibility for marketing. You will get the opportunity to sit in on these events and learn from inspiring entrepreneurs.
You will also get to:
- Surround yourself with the world’s smartest and most ambitious individuals and have the opportunity to help develop an institution that can change the way the most ambitious people think about their careers
- Supercharge your learning - you will have a very steep learning curve and work alongside a talented, ambitious, and committed team
- Embed yourself within the EF network - we work with the best founders and investors in France
- Be based at Station F, at the heart of the French tech ecosystem
- Have a strong academic record
- Have an interest in technology, startups and venture capital
- Have already interned at a top tier company or startup
- Be perfectly fluent in English
You should excel with process and people, be strategic but enjoy getting your hands dirty and want a fast paced role.
You should also:
- Be an expert problem solver who thinks on their feet
- Have high EQ and enjoy working with people
- Have a strong growth mindset and actively seek ownership
- Have outstanding organisational skills
- Be a strong communicator
- Be very comfortable with managing competing priorities
Remuneration: You will be paid 1,500 euros per month.
Location: You will be based in EF's offices at Station F, 5 Parvis Alan Turing, 75013 Paris.
Start Date: Mid-June / early July 2020 for 6 months
EF champions diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment in which a variety of backgrounds thrive. We do not tolerate discrimination of any nature including but not limited to discriminating on the basis of race, colour, religion, culture, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.