New York City, New York /
Graphite builds high-quality tools for modern software engineering teams, so they can ship faster and create amazing products.
Graphite is modern code review for fast-moving teams - we help engineers write and review better pull requests, stay unblocked, and ship faster.
We started Graphite because we missed internal code review tools like Phabricator (at Facebook) and Critique (Google) that help engineers create, approve, and ship incremental changes. We want to make well-designed, high-quality developer tooling accessible to everyone.
We’re a small-but-mighty team of 15 based in Manhattan in the heart of Soho, with a passionate and rapidly growing group of users (7x growth in 2022 so far) at top engineering orgs like Datadog, Bolt, Brex, Ramp, and Snowflake.
We just closed our $20m Series A (featured in TechCrunch) led by Peter Levine at Andreessen Horowitz (who led GitHub's Series A), with participation from folks like Tom Preston-Werner (founder of GitHub), Sam Lambert (Planetscale CEO & ex-GitHub CTO), Sebastian Markbåge (creator of React), and many more.
Our culture centers on putting people first, applying science and craft, practicing disciplined ambition, and giving ownership - both literally (with equity) and in the responsibility and scope you’ll have as a part of our early team. Outside of work you’ll find us brewing espresso drinks, producing music, or practicing yoga. We can’t wait to see what you’ll add to the mix!
About the role
Graphite is growing rapidly, we're looking for a business operations associate to help us scale internally as a team and externally as a developer tool with first-class product support.
Rethinking the way fast-moving software engineering teams write and review code every day is no small feat, and we believe that the best solutions are built when most talented, ambitious, and dedicated people with diverse backgrounds come together.
What you'll do
- Be an early member of our business team and have an impact on the Graphite’s future scale and growth
- Assist in the development and implementation of operational processes including legal, hiring, and finance
- Conduct data analysis and prepare reports to support decision-making and strategic planning
- Provide exceptional support to our first customers, addressing inquiries and resolving issues in a timely and professional manner
What we're looking for
- 2+ years of experience in consulting/finance, business operations, or other analytical roles at a fast-growing company
- Strong quantitative skills & comfort working with data
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- An ability to identify problems, build alignment, and implement solutions autonomously
- Can-do attitude - no problem is too large or too small
- Demonstrated willingness to go above and beyond & roll up your sleeves to achieve desired outcomes
Life at Graphite
- Competitive comp: ($110-150k base + equity). We're backed by some of the best investors and excited to offer competitive compensation packages.
- Role trajectory: We're excited to build a team whose roles, responsibilities, and comp grow as we do.
- Health and wellness: Top-tier health, dental, and vision coverage and 16 weeks paid parental leave for new parents.
- Time to decompress: We ask that our team take 4 weeks of vacation a year to unplug and unwind in addition to all federal holidays.
- Relocation expenses: We're an in-person, NYC-based team, and we're happy to help with your relocation expenses!
- The team that eats together: Company-paid lunch, dinner, and coffee during workdays.
- Commuter perks: Ride around NYC with an Unlimited MetroCard, on us.
- 401(k): Helps you save for retirement.
$110,000 - $150,000 a year
Competitive comp: ($110-150k base + equity). We're backed by some of the best investors and excited to offer competitive compensation packages.
As a team, we're very aware of the systemic structural issues that have created inequalities for many communities, especially in the tech industry. We recognize that women and underrepresented minorities are statistically less likely to apply for a role that they feel unqualified for. If you are interested in this role but you’re concerned about not meeting all requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway - we'd love to get to know you and see if there's a place for you here at Graphite!