DevOps Security Engineer
Toronto, Ontario /
Who we are:
Lane was created to change the way people interact with the places they work and the people they work with. That change begins with us. Here at Lane, we are a team of collaborators, re-engineering the nature of work and inventing the technology that complements the modern workplace. We are charting our own course. That’s why we’re creating a team that will be equally equipped to solve the problems of tomorrow as they are to solve the problems of today.
What we do:
Lane is a vastly powerful platform for workplace ecosystems. We are the simple solution to complicated demands. Property managers, employers, and the modern professional deserve a workplace experience that is seamless, connected and builds a community. This includes optimized amenities, timely communication, exclusive perks, building information and much more. Lane connects all the individuals, processes and technologies that make a workplace work.
Who you are:
- You have a proven track record of 4+ years experience in DevOps and cloud-based infrastructure
- You have hands-on experience with deploying and managing the infrastructure for a SaaS platform in an agile environment
- Compliance and security are extremely important to you
- Security certified is a major asset
- Know how to prioritize, problem solve and delegate to yourself and your team
- Strong analytical skills and use of data for sound decision-making
- Positively realistic with meticulous attention to detail
- Love to assess and stay up to date on all the latest tech tools and trends
- Experience working cross-functionally in a fast-paced startup environment
We're counting on you to:
- Expand on and solidify Lane’s DevOps function
- Ensure Lane’s cloud services are performant and operational
- Help us enable the Engineering team to deploy code updates quickly and efficiently
- Become security-certified, provided by Lane, in order to oversee Lane’s compliance and security practices
- Build monitoring and alerting tools to increase transparency
- Maintain the reliability and continuous operation of all our systems
- Perform routine maintenance tasks for infrastructure systems such as backups, security, functional patches, and hot-fixes
- Work with our quality assurance department on the design and implementation of infrastructure disaster recovery plans and protocols
- Make recommendations to improve systems performance, security, and scalability
- Participate in sprint planning, pointing, and story refinement
- Operate agile; adapt to new priorities as they appear
- Oversee and support the coaching of team members to ensure all necessary employees are confident in the Lane infrastructure
- Be prepared to wear many hats and fill in gaps
- Be a source of mentorship for up-and-coming developers while allowing yourself to be a mentee with our constant knowledge sharing environment
- Own: Improving the DevOps process, your development and driving best development practices
- Teach: The ins-and-outs of your strongest domain
- Learn: Building powerful, first-of-its-kind technology where the answers aren't easily found on stack overflow
- Improve: The DevOps function, communication and technical ability throughout the organization
What you'll enjoy about Lane:
- High growth - Lane has tripled in size last year, and are working to do it again this year!
- You will wear many hats, be a crucial part of company growth, and take on new initiatives from scratch.
- Work from home stipend of $400 while we tackle remote work!
- When we can return, we work in a creative, downtown office space. Comfort and inspiration are a must at work.
- A stacked leadership team. Our core leadership team is equipped with unmatched industry knowledge and unique past experiences. They are always accessible and eager to work directly with the entire team.
- Self Development & Education Fund. Never stop learning! We support and subsidize many conferences, classes, and books.
- Opportunity to grow and expand within Lane. No closed door policy here. If you are interested in something, join the meeting!
- Health Care Coverage and flexible personal & sick days. We want our team to be happy and healthy :)
- Access to the latest technology and a brand new Macbook on the first day!
At Lane, we are committed to cultivating a diverse workforce, inclusive culture, and investing in equity in all areas of the business. If you require any assistance throughout the interview process please do not hesitate to contact us so we can work with your needs.